Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent posted on here in long time, but you guys always have good advice, so here goes...

Over the weekend Mia (5 year old Chihuahua) was laying on the couch, and when my husband called her to come to bed, she screamed. But she came and went to sleep. She didnt have any problem walking or anything. During the night she let out a yelp, and I checked on her and seemed fine. The next day she was moping around all day, and wouldnt come out of her crate, not even to eat.

The following day she seemed better, she was eating and coming out of the crate to greet everyone that came over, and seemed normal. But when she walks her back left leg seems wobbly. I dont know what to do. She even sometimes lets out a small yelp when no one is around or touching her.

She doesnt have a regular vet because we havent lived in this area long, and I dont really trust anyone with her, after taking her to the same vet for 5 years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm sorry your Mia is hurt. Have you checked her nails? My 5 year old chi was limping and in pain and it was a long nail that hooked over the one next to it. Trying to hold him still to unhook and then trim was a challenge, but at was it. On the other hand, my baby chi started limping for no reason and she had a fracture. So, I would try to find a vet to get it x-rayed or looked at. Can you get a recommendation from a local club or even the humane society? I really hope it is nothing.
Tricia

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
I agree she needs to see a vet asap .... I know you don't know a vet in your area but i'm sure there is a good one , maybe ask in a petshop if they know of a good vet or ask other people you see walking dogs .. If she has hurt her leg you really don't want her walking on it as she could make it worse .. good luck ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts