Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OUCH!! :shock:

lol i went to the carnival today with my family. My sister (19yrs) and my brother (10yrs) came with along with my parents...now my brother is a ride junky and wants to drag me and my sister on every crazy one.
There was this one ride that spun us in circles really fast...forget the name but unfortunately I was sitting on the outside and my brother was sitting on the inside...the force, I thought. would make him lean into me but it turned out it actually made us lean into him (had a dyslexic moment). I had to grab on for dear life so I wouldnt slide into him and hurt him (this was a very fast ride and a very LONG ride)

Finally it was over....my brother was laughing wanting to go on again and I was sore. About 15 minutes later my mother grabbed my left arm and was like "OMG what happened" The intire area of my upper arm was one big bruise...and it was all raised up and it hurt really bad. That was the arm I hung over the ride to pull myself away from my bro. (yeah, thats how fast it was going...it was very hard to pull myself away from him)

LOL leave it to me to get banged up on an otherwise safe ride...lol. Now that I am home it hurts less but looks worse...lol...like someone tried to beat me up. I also have bruises on my legs from pressing against the bars to get me to not slide into him.

What I will do for my brother...lol! Needless to say I did NOT go back on with him again...he went solo.
Had to share it with you all...I joked after saying I should sue the carnival but I am not that kind of person...lol...maybe I should had payed better attention in physics class...lol.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Yikes! :shock: I don't do carnival rides very well. I'm a big stinkin' baby :binky: so it sorta takes all the fun out of it. I will not, under any circumstances, go on a roller coaster and the spinning ones make me feel all barfy :pukeright: (I've been dying to use that emoticon! :lol: ). Yeah, I'm a barrel of laughs at a carnival. I do like the bumper cars though. :laughing8:

I'm sure your little brother loved every minute and I hope your injuries heal up fast. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I was trying to make some funny carnival joke about how I don't go because they think I'm back for my old job but I just can't do it. Insomnia has set in again.

I don't go on the rides. I like to keep all my feet (all of them) on the ground. I like corn dogs.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
I was trying to make some funny carnival joke about how I don't go because they think I'm back for my old job but I just can't do it. Insomnia has set in again.

I don't go on the rides. I like to keep all my feet (all of them) on the ground. I like corn dogs.
I have never had a corn dog. Isn't it just a hot dog on a stick dipped in a cornmeal batter and deep fried? I love hot dogs, I love anything with corn and I'm fond of fried foods... but there's something about the combination that sounds nasty. Maybe because I can't get past the fact that it looks like a twinkie on a stick? :roll:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Rachael.. A twinkie on a stick... hahahahahha now that is funny.... I wil have to remember that one...

I don't like carnival rides... I get very motion sick.... I will keep my feet on the ground...

I do like merry go rounds tho...

bumper cars are not good for my bad neck.. I used to love those..a few years after I had my neck injured I went on the bumper cars and I actually had to stop a short while into it and get out because it really hurt my neck...

I like the fries that carnivals have...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
you my dear were just another victim of wither the himalaya or the scrambler hehe was it silver and looked like a bunch of the seats were going to smack into each other? if so that was the scarmbler.....

i love rides! and cause i love rides so much i know where to sit lol. depends who i'm with, sometimes i sit in the to be squished spot and others i am the squisher hehe...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm another of those who do NOT like carnival rides! :lol: I have a terrible fear of roller coasters, and always refused to ride on them. A few summers ago, my brother and family were here and we all went to Disney World. Well, everyone wanted to ride the Space Mountain ride and like a dummy I agreed - no problem, right? WRONG!! I had NO idea that it was just a huge roller coaster ride inside a man-made "mountain"...and in addition to being petrified of the ups and downs and sideways motions, it was almost pitch black inside so you had absolutely no idea what was coming. I actually peed my pants - I'm not kidding!! NEVER AGAIN.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
chimom said:
I'm another of those who do NOT like carnival rides! :lol: I have a terrible fear of roller coasters, and always refused to ride on them. A few summers ago, my brother and family were here and we all went to Disney World. Well, everyone wanted to ride the Space Mountain ride and like a dummy I agreed - no problem, right? WRONG!! I had NO idea that it was just a huge roller coaster ride inside a man-made "mountain"...and in addition to being petrified of the ups and downs and sideways motions, it was almost pitch black inside so you had absolutely no idea what was coming. I actually peed my pants - I'm not kidding!! NEVER AGAIN.
TMI, Lanette. :shock:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
chimom said:
TMI, Lanette. :shock:
LOL NOW I'm REALLY glad I've never been on one! :shock: When I was a child my mother would never allow me on one, when I was older I wasn't sure that I wanted to go on one and now I am old I definitely don't want to go on one. :roll:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you my dear were just another victim of wither the himalaya or the scrambler hehe was it silver and looked like a bunch of the seats were going to smack into each other?
:lol: LOL yep it was that Scrambler one...it had a different name (the sizzler) but thats exactly what it was....man did that hurt and it was soooooo loooong!!!

The Himalaya was the other one we went on like 4x...yeah my arms hurt from that one too but it was that scrambler one that did me in...lol. Even my sister got sick after that ride and she never gets sick...she too has a bruise on her hip...

:shock: OHHHH!!! and to top off our day, after we were recovering from that ride we watched as one of the toddler rides...a mini feris wheel...broke down...basically the cars locked up and as the cars went up the wheel it tipped the kids upside down :shock: :shock: . They were trapped for 20 minutes and there were about 15kids who where trapped. Firefighters had to get them down...none of them were hurt thankfully. (I just saw the story on CNN just now...lol!) Was a bad day to go to the carnival.

Have you guys ever tried the Fried candy bars??? They dip either a Milky Way or Snickers bar into the Funnel Cake batter and deep fry it.....yuuuuuuum! VERY UNHEALTHY but VERY GOOD!!! :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Angel5218 said:
you my dear were just another victim of wither the himalaya or the scrambler hehe was it silver and looked like a bunch of the seats were going to smack into each other?
:lol: LOL yep it was that Scrambler one...it had a different name (the sizzler) but thats exactly what it was....man did that hurt and it was soooooo loooong!!!

The Himalaya was the other one we went on like 4x...yeah my arms hurt from that one too but it was that scrambler one that did me in...lol. Even my sister got sick after that ride and she never gets sick...she too has a bruise on her hip...

:shock: OHHHH!!! and to top off our day, after we were recovering from that ride we watched as one of the toddler rides...a mini feris wheel...broke down...basically the cars locked up and as the cars went up the wheel it tipped the kids upside down :shock: :shock: . They were trapped for 20 minutes and there were about 15kids who where trapped. Firefighters had to get them down...none of them were hurt thankfully. (I just saw the story on CNN just now...lol!) Was a bad day to go to the carnival.

Have you guys ever tried the Fried candy bars??? They dip either a Milky Way or Snickers bar into the Funnel Cake batter and deep fry it.....yuuuuuuum! VERY UNHEALTHY but VERY GOOD!!! :D
girl i make fried candy bars and fried oreos and zeppoli's. the wrold chi meet should be at my house lmao and i can make the sweets hehe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts