Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
My hobby did. He was a 40 a day smoker before I met him. He had the hypnotherapy and it did help him stop but he swares that you have to be ready to stop anyway or your will power gets the better of you.

I've never smoked so can't help. But if your considering it then you must be half way there already!! Good luck, keep us posted if you decide to give it a go x

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I did it, and walked out without never smoking again. That was 3 years ago.
I'd quite on and off before that, but I will never start again.

If you want to quit, it's an amazing tool, but that's all it is. It isn't a cure.
If you don't want to quit, it's a waste of time and money.

I wasn't planning on even doing it. It was offered through work, and I really wanted to quit.

I would suggest that you keep telling your spouse that it DOES work, that you've talked to any number of people on line who've had success, and that the
common statement was 'you have to want to quit, and it WILL work'.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm not a smoker and never have been so I don't have any personal experience.

My hubby used Chantix to quit smoking a few years back. he worked. He hasn't smoked since 2007. He also didn't have any side effects from the meds.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I worked with a woman once who said her mother hypnotized her and that's how she quit so I know she would say it worked.
When I decided to quit ten years ago (after smoking for 22 years; 2-3 pks day), I used wellbutrin (Zyban) and patches. The wellbutrin made the biggest difference! On breaks at work I would usually smoke three cigarettes--after the wellbutrin kicked in, I only wanted one. It worked great for me with no side effects (I still take it to this day b/c it's an antidepressant). After a couple weeks on the wellbutrin, I just said "when I finish this pack, I'm done." Even after ten years I still remember that happened at 6:45 am on a Monday morning! That's when I became a non-smoker.
As someone else said, you have to WANT to quit or nothing will work. And you can't quit for someone else. You have to want to quit for yourself or you're wasting your time.
Best of luck to your partner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts