Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night, something strange happened, viper always sleeps with us, uasually on my shoulder, but apparently he fell of the bed at the end( sideways are protected with pillows) my bf heard this , but found it strange he didn't cried, he woke me up, and as i switched on the lights...... it was just horrible...viper was standing there with white foam on his mouth, shaking and looking like a wild dog, like he was in shock. i immediately pressed him against me and he calmed down, i put him down and he could walk, i don't think he hurt himself badly, and after a few minutes he was eating and acting like it never happened. now i read a little about the hypoglecemia and i was thinking could it be, that he was searching for food because he felt he was weak, fell out the bed and had a little fit?? normally he wakes me up a few times a night to pee and then he always eats a little but this time it was already 7 in the morning and he didn't eat from 9 in the evening.
i hope some of you can help me on this because i really panicked seeing him like that, i really thought he would die (first i thought he had eaten poison or so).

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Nat I am not experienced at all so I dont know what to tell you but perhaps you should talk it over with a vet just to be on the safe side? Hope all is ok.. :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
That does not sound like hypoglycemia to me.
Do you think Viper could have hit his head when he fell? It sound more like a seizure to me. I would definatly call the vet and get him checked.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I would take him to a vet!

When I was caring for my moms papillon he went into hypoglycemic shock and he had similar symptoms, (shaking, foaming, vomiting, totally lathargic)
What bothers me about this situation is that he was fine a couple minutes later...usually if they are in shock they need medical attention (or at least some nutra-cal or other sugary substance)

I would worry about either some sort of injury or if your little one suffers from seizures.

Please take him to the vet.
Best of luck! Let us know how he is!

-Jessica

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hypo...

so it can be hypoglycemia?? i m going to the vet next week for the last shot, i just went and he was was given an all clear . i thought he had something in his eye, but that was nothing to worry about just a thick vein.
i also got the virbac (sugary syrop) when i bought him and see now that he gets this (a cm ) every 4 hours just in case, because he is also very picky about his food.

kisses

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It could be hypoglycemic shock, but usually it doesnt go away that quickly. I had to rush my moms dog to the vet when he had his episode.
So you did go to the vet and he got the all clear? What did the vet think it was?
I would definately keep that vibrac on hand. If your little one isnt eating its a great idea to give him some a couple days a week.

Very scary! Hope he does better!
'-Jessica

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
To be sure I would not wait to take him to the vet until next week. I would take him in ASAP. There could be a number of things that could have happend. I hope is feeling better! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That is strange? I would not wait to take him in and have him checked. I'm glad to hear he is eating during the night, that will definitely prevent a drop in blood sugar. :)

sandra

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I Am sorry your pup is having problems. It sounds very scary to me. I would get him to the vet asap... If Gadget had something like that happen it would have scared me to death... My daughter has asthema and when she was little she would go into asthema attacks really frequently and the first couple ones scared me so much I called 911. when we the rescue people got there and checked her out she was sitting there laughing and having a good time, but they told me they would feel more comfortable taking her to the hospital. So we did and I am glad we did because her oxygen level in her blood was so low that it didn't register on the meter whe they hooked her up.... The doctor said it was a good thing we got her there when ae did...

I'm not trying to scare you but I would not want to be that scared again in my life.

Please take Viper to his vet. Even if he checks out ok it is better than worring about something like that hapening again.

good luck. My thoughts and prayersx are with you and Viper :love7:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
attacks

hey, everybody
viper got two attacks this night and we took him to the hospital ... he had to stay there and they are going to take a ct-scan , it's probably hydrocephaulus and if it is there's not much they can do about it... i'm totally devastated......

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I'm sooooo sorry to hear this.
Did they say it was a result of him falling off the bed and hitting his head?
Thoughts and prayers for you and Viper :cry:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pff

i hope its not because then i would be responsible, i'm waiting for the vet to call me, i called her already 3 times but they couldn't say yet what's wrong. but she already warned me that it probably will be hydrocephalus and that he will not live long if that's the case. pff i'm sitting here at my work i can not concentrate myself, i'm sitting here doing nothing, but i think its better here than at home.......i wish they would phone.... i'm crying my eyes out

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Don't blame yourself, you know accidents do happen. You could trip on a rug in your house and fall and hit your head ya know? That's why there called accidents.
I hope he will be ok.
Loosing a pet can be devistating, we all know :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts