Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heeeey everyone :)

just really want some advice, i hope it's okay to post it here!

anyways, there is a strong chance that i might be hypoglycemic, i have pretty much all the symptoms, i can't leave the house anymore, not even food shopping with my mam cause i get so weak, lightheaded, dizzy, etc & feel like i'm going to pass out till i get something to eat.., it also runs in my family! i'm convinced i have the condition! but my GP is just either too lazy or uncaring to test me! all it takes is a bloodtest! i really want to know but everytime i go to my doctor they just blame it on something stupid like a cold or something! :rolleyes: the thing is if you are hypoglycemic you need to wear medical dog tags, so not only are they making my life horrible by me not being able to leave the house, but they could also be putting me at risk! :foxes15: :foxes15:

so you think it's worth going back again & my mam really pushing it for them to test me? or should i just leave it!

thankies guys! :)

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Sarah yes you should go back. The thing is I was hypo as a kid & now I'm a type 1 diabetic I survive on insulin only. Being hypo means your pancreas is wonky so be very careful don't eat too much sweets because you'll crash after eating them & always try to eat some protein every couple of hours.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! :) I think i'm gunna go next week!

Alisha thanks! :), i'm not on speaking terms with my dad & his side of the family but i know my dad & his mam & dad have diabetes so it's genetic, that's why i really would like to be tested now, i don't eat many sweets as most sweets have geletin in them & i am i a vegetarian!

but this time im just gunna like.. basically not leave till they agree to test me cause i am so worried! & i'm scared to go anywhere alone incase i faint or something. there's something wrong with me, no doubt about it!

i'll keep you all posted :)

edit: just to add i was tested a year ago for diabetes & i don't have it!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alisha said:
Sarah I had been gettiing tested every 6 months & my mom died & boom I was diagnosed type 1 after having an all clear only months before.
:eek: gosh that's scary! i better get tested again!
sorry about your mum! :(

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sarah I am hypoglycemic as well. It was very scary as a new mother. All the sudden I would feel all weak in the stomach and almost pass out. I learned to stash things around the house like hard candies, and keep orange juice at all times. I have it under control now, you have to eat foods that keep you at a steady and not a lot of carbs and sugar. OJ helps a lot, but if you are indeed diabetic you can't have much. Good luck at the doc!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm hypoglycemic too. I didn't know it for the longest time and it was terrible so I feel your pain! I keep Chewy (Quaker brand) Protein Granola bars around me at all times. They have a smidge of chocolate to boost your sugar and the protein you need. Not to mention they are YUMMY! Eat alot of veggies, good carbs (whole grain stuff), regular amounts of protein and keep your sugar level from spiking! I drink only diet soda and stay away from too much candy. Hope you feel better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts