Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel is 7 months old and doing very well over all in the behavior department. However. . .occasionally when he goes in his crate (on his own) he will growl when someone either walks by or just moves! He bangs around like he's wrestling with something - sometimes there's nothing in there but his blankets. I usually ignore him or tell him "Ah ah". Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening and/or how to stop him from doing it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Poppy is always banging & scratching about in her crate, I found out she was making a bed with her blanket (inside her dog bed). She started doing it on our couch with her other blanket, she scratches around with it, pulls it about with her teeth & pushes it with her nose.... Until she has a little nest she is happy with then she climbs in, curls up & it's off to sleep.
She also used to growl sometimes from inside her crate when our cat would come in the room or walk past the entrance. I'm no behaviour expert but I tool this as a naughty dominant behaviour so we always stop her doing it now to show that we are in charge & she has to be nice to Millie the cat. She doesn't do it out of the crate so I assume she is a bit possessive of her little house. I think if she was doing it to me or my boyfriend I would definitely stop her as she might start to get a bit dominant with us. But that's just what I hve learnt off the tv!! :) hope it helps!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Yeah, sounds like he is making a nest of his blankets in his crate. All mine love to make nests. And he figures the crate is his and he's arning everyone to stay away from it when he's in it. Saying ah ah is good, I would also spray with water from my spray bottle if it was happening here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts