Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been feeding mostly raw for several years now but have always had difficulty getting my dogs to eat any organ meat, especially liver. As a safety net I have always left free choice Innova EVO kibble down.

Recently I decided, in part due to the sale of Innova to Proctor & Gamble, that I would do away with the kibble and simply go raw. I add cod liver oil at the moment to compensate for the beef liver.

Anyway, the change in my dogs is astounding! I didn't think I would see any difference because I alway considered them on a raw diet. Neither had a real doggy smell, but my little girl did get a small amount of red tear stains and had an odd (not bad, just odd) smell to her breath. All of that is gone and their energy level is way up!

I really notice a huge change in Peanut, my girl dog. And she is the one who ate the most kibble. I am feeding them 2x per day now and my former hunger strike girl who would get hypoglycemia is now energetic and gobbling up her food! Yay!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
That's awesome!!! What a nice change after getting rid of the kibble. Fantastic! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, and thank you Brody's mom! You were the one who suggested the cod liver oil some time ago. I am going to retry the beef liver soon. Maybe they will eat it better now that the kibble is gone. :p

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Let us know how the liver goes. If they aren't fans, we have some tricks up our sleeve.... ;)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yes, and thank you Brody's mom! You were the one who suggested the cod liver oil some time ago. I am going to retry the beef liver soon. Maybe they will eat it better now that the kibble is gone. :p
Yea for you!!! My new pups weren't crazy for the liver at first either. I think it is the texture. We chop ours very fine--really a mince and mix with whatever else is on the menu and they gobble it right up. I always keep cod liver oil on hand though because I don't keep liver on hand all the time ( or it's frozen and I'm too impatient to wait for the thaw;)).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts