Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are remodeling our house and done with living room and oak floors, we are now doing kitchen and put a temp kitchen in corner of living room. the washer was in kitchen and we have to get the hook up done in laundry room, so temporary we hooked up washer in living room next to where it used to be so we used same pluming. well our faucet out side broke and my flower outside where not doing good from no rain so I hooked up hose in kitchen from washer and didn't realized it was leaking now my brand new wood floor is bucking up. I sure Pray it goes down as it drys. :foxes15:

·
Banned
13 Posts
If the wood got wet from the leak I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your new woods floors may need to be replaced. most finished wood floors once introduced to water to the point of buckling are usually ruined. Sorry to hear about that.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
We have oak hard wood and they got wet and buckled but after about 3 months they are completely flat again. It was pretty bad. Only one board has cracked and it is not bad so we are not going to replace all the floors for just one board.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all, We are trying so hard to get our old house fixed and something just keeps setting us back, like the neighbors fire did about 5 K damage to out side of our house and flowers beds and trees and we have to pay and do the work again to fix it. their insurance wont pay. said fire Marshall said no cause of fire so they are not responsible. We where in process of getting insurance now that house was 85% done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts