Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so mad and angry at myself,

Lately i havent really been watching what im eating, and i thought i must of gained a couple of pounds but no!

Ive gone from 9.5 Stone to 11 Stone in 5.5 Months :foxes15:

Im going on a serious diet tomorrow!

This time i am gonna aim for 8.5 Stone, that way i wont settle for 10.

I am going to buy these green tea tablets from a chinese herbal shop, they are suspose to do a world of good.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Don't beat yourself up, I put a lot of wright on and struggled to lose it but found their was a treatable medical reason.

I'd like to drop a dress size and am well on my way, it's hard but I'm just eating healthily and drinking lot's of water :)

Good luck :)

Barbara x

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ugh! I feel your pain! I have been trying to loose weight forever now!
My friend has tried many of the pills on the market and they did not do a thing for her.

I tried a couple of the pills and had no success either.

Right now I'm watching what I eat and almost completely cut out sodas....the hardest thing I've done! I still can't break myself of having an occassional one, but once in a while is much better than all day!

I'm also eating more fruits, veggies, and salads.

I need to exercise...are you doing any?

Good luck to you! It's hard to do this!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
i think my friend gave me those tablets but i was too scared to take them, apparently you go to toilet ALOT with them. hope they work though, if they do, i will def try them, ive started to feel like a giant lately lol good luck
Yeah You go to the toilet a lot. My parents use them. It seems to work for them. ;)

wait...what are stones considered in the U.S system? :)
1 Stone = 14 pounds
pompom was 133 pounds and now she is 154 pounds.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys and thanks for the conversion Chicos mum, before that i was 8.5 stone and my weight just keeps rising im 5'8 everyone says i dont look 11 but i know i do, i have been son good today, Yogurt - Breakfast, Chicken and Salad lunch and Fish and salad for diner. i usually lose weight pretty fast when im on a diet but put it back on just as fast

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
try to keep cut veggies around to snack on. on payday buy a bag of carrots, some cucumbers, some brocolli and cauliflour. you can peel them and cut them up and keep them in baggies in the fridge. if you cut them the same day you bring them home, then when you are tempted to snack they are already ready. you would be less likely to eat those instead of a ready-made snack if you have to do it at the time. also cherry tomatoes are good too. if you have them already ready in the fridge you may reach for veggies first

L

·
0 Posts
I can identify! Every year older you get, it gets that much harder to lose weight. The best way to lose weight is eat less and eat healthy, cut down on fats, sugar, etc., and exercise. Exercise is very important. Don't count on pills to do the work for you. It takes some thought and work. They say six pounds is a dress size, so aim for that to start with. I joined National Fitness Center and am walking every day and doing some water aerobics and have lost nine pounds in a couple of months. I can tell a big difference in the way my clothes fit. I'd like to lose maybe five pounds more. I live alone and it's hard to cook just one serving of everything. If I cook a little too much, I tend to eat it! I've had to think about what I'm eating and how much and don't snarf it all up just because I cooked it. My dogs get left over veggies in their supper and a bit of chicken or turkey sometimes.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I can identify! Every year older you get, it gets that much harder to lose weight. The best way to lose weight is eat less and eat healthy, cut down on fats, sugar, etc., and exercise. Exercise is very important. Don't count on pills to do the work for you. It takes some thought and work. They say six pounds is a dress size, so aim for that to start with. I joined National Fitness Center and am walking every day and doing some water aerobics and have lost nine pounds in a couple of months. I can tell a big difference in the way my clothes fit. I'd like to lose maybe five pounds more. I live alone and it's hard to cook just one serving of everything. If I cook a little too much, I tend to eat it! I've had to think about what I'm eating and how much and don't snarf it all up just because I cooked it. My dogs get left over veggies in their supper and a bit of chicken or turkey sometimes.
Lady J- When my ex was out of town for several months (when we were still married) I found those sectioned containers, the ones that are round and look like a plate with sections for the different portions, with a tight lid and used to freeze portions in them. You know, take out part of the dish before you start and place it in there to freeze for later. That way it wouldnt go bad as leftovers before i was ready to eat it again. If you dip that serving out BEFORE you start eating and put it in the freezer, maybe you could cook some larger meals to save money, but not be in danger of eating them. If you have more of one thing, say 3 servings of meat, but only 2 of veggies, fill the 2 portioned plates with the meat you wouldnt eat and then add the veggies to one. Next meal, cook a little extra veggies. When you fix your much-healthier-than-processed-ones 'T.V. dinners' get out the one with no veggies, add the veggies to it and slap it back in the freeezer. That will help with variety in your 't.v. dinners'. This gives you nights when you DON'T HAVE TO COOK! Its food that you know is healthy and seasoned the way you prefer and gives you a night off of cooking.--Just a thought.

L

·
0 Posts
losing weight

Lady J- When my ex was out of town for several months (when we were still married) I found those sectioned containers, the ones that are round and look like a plate with sections for the different portions, with a tight lid and used to freeze portions in them. You know, take out part of the dish before you start and place it in there to freeze for later. That way it wouldnt go bad as leftovers before i was ready to eat it again. If you dip that serving out BEFORE you start eating and put it in the freezer, maybe you could cook some larger meals to save money, but not be in danger of eating them. If you have more of one thing, say 3 servings of meat, but only 2 of veggies, fill the 2 portioned plates with the meat you wouldnt eat and then add the veggies to one. Next meal, cook a little extra veggies. When you fix your much-healthier-than-processed-ones 'T.V. dinners' get out the one with no veggies, add the veggies to it and slap it back in the freeezer. That will help with variety in your 't.v. dinners'. This gives you nights when you DON'T HAVE TO COOK! Its food that you know is healthy and seasoned the way you prefer and gives you a night off of cooking.--Just a thought.
Thanks. That's a great idea. I do cook two meals at once sometimes and eat half for lunch and half for supper. Some cans of veggies make about three meals, so they never come out even. The portioned plates would be great and healthy TV dinners would be convenient. Taking out the extra food before you sit down to eat is also a good idea. Out of sight, out of mind, and you wouldn't be tempted to eat that extra helping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts