Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Chi jumped off the couch and now she is holding her leg up - I can touch the leg and bend the leg and she doesn't pull away but it looks king of crooked

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
this happens a lot. majority of the times they keep it up just for a little bit. just keep an eye on her her to see if she's still limping within the hour or if it was really a high jump then see if she gets better by tomaro morning :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. My vet told me it was a sprain - it happened 9 days ago and now I'm getting really worried. I mean I can touch the paw and bend it and hold it and she doesn't pull away or yelow but when she stretches her legs out lets say after she sleeps it looks like it bends to the right - could it just be the swelling making it seem that way?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'd say it's time to go back to the vet's, let him/her examine it. Perhaps take an x-ray.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Definitely back to the vet. A sprain can take a long time to heal. Those soft tissue / connective tissue injuries can hurt for a while. sometimes if it is a sprain, or a muscle strain the vet will give anti-inflamatory pain medicine for a few days. did they try that already ? Rico did something like that once and I was concerned. The vet staff was very good at explaining it like this...if you pulled a muscle or sprained an ankle you'd not be right for a while either---so true. After some days of not taking big walkies and anti-inflamatory medicine he was all better.

Hope this gets sorted out . If after the xrays the doctors say it is a sprain you could ask about some medicine for a few days see what they think about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts