Chihuahua People Forum banner

I can help you by understanding Chihuahua's weight chart

6K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  LuvMyChi 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I can help you by understanding the Chihuahua's weight chart. It's really easy. Any questions about Chihuahua's weight chart. I will try my best to help you. Just tell me your puppy's age and the current weight. I can give you the best estimated size at full grown only if you want to know. Posts? ;)

#3 ·
Nona said:
I thought I was looking at just a smiley there till I realised your text is all in white! lol.

I don't know what Lexi's birth weight was, but she's 16 weeks now, and weighs 2.2lbs (1kg).
I looked at the chart, it said she'd be around 4lbs fully grown?
She's still so small :?
Lexi is very beautiful! Basically, she weighted 2.2 lbs at 16 weeks old right? Ok the chihuahua's weight chart shows me that she will be 3 1/2 to 4 lbs. I have a feeling that Lexi will be under 4 lbs with no doubts :)

Same with my Tinkerbell. She is a year old and she weighted 3 lbs & 3oz. Also, with my little Curious George. He weighted 3 lbs & 12oz. Just few ounces more than my Tinkerbell :)

#6 ·
Well, the weight chart is good for a general idea.
According to the weight chart both my girls were suppose to be between 4.5 to 5 lbs.
Sandy was a year old in February and now weights over 6 lbs.
Koke was a year old in June and weights 5.5 lbs.
In all honesty, Sandy is a little over weight, but Koke is no where near over weight.

My point is that the charts are not set in stone, they are only to be used as a general idea.

Don't ever expect your chi to be exactly what the chart says.

#8 ·
Nona said:
If Lexi ends up a 20lb Chi i'd still love her :lol:
Very unlikely though thank goodness, I couldnt imagine a 20lb Chi....

:)
Yup, you are absolutly right.

I'd still love mine just as much if they were 20 lbs. also.

But unfortunatly there are a lot of people that buy chis that the breeder has told them that their chi will only weigh 3 1/2 to 4 lbs. according to the weight chart, and that pup ends up weighing several pounds more and then don't want the pup anymore.
It's just sad that the poor pups didn't do anything wrong, they just grew.
Breeders should tell prospective customers the truth about the chart.

#13 ·
Tansy totally defied that chart; she was 3.5 oz at birth, and followed the chart until about 6 weeks, and now at 17 weeks, is just under 6 pounds- twice what her full grown size should have been. IMHO the chart is not at all reliable. Not that I personally care; I've found I much prefer having a larger chi that is sturdy and healthier than a tiny chi might be.

#14 ·
Cooper said "weight chart, schmeight chart". For a dog that should have been 4-5 lbs per the chart, he totally negated any validity the chart had - at least in his case. I love my 10 lb Cooper!!

He wasn't going to adhere to what society said he should weigh. He's a rebel at heart.

#17 ·
I was just testing the weight chart, infact she was born at that weight but she now weighs in at 3 1/2lbs and is nearly 5 years old, shes Fynn the white/beige one in the middle of my avatar.Rosie the sable weighs the same but is slightly smaller.

#20 ·
stefanie_farrell said:
awww your chis are lovely Donna, you should post some new piccies of them :D Id love that! :wave:
.............................I dont have a scanner or digicam,( hubby says get them but ive no idea how to use either so wont) :? so i have to rely on my normal camera and finishing 36 pictures at a time, i have just had a couple of holiday films in Cornwall developed with a few of the girls on,the rest are still in the camera.So when i send them to my friend she will put them on attachments for me.I get my free pet mobil next week after the companion dog show so will get a picture done of that too,just takes a while.

#23 ·
Cooper said:
JOLIE'SMOM said:
According to the chart, Jolie will weigh somewhere around 5 lbs but a few weeks ago it was 3 1/2 -4 lbs so it's changing. All i know is she is very small. lol
<ahem> And Boom-Boom?
Simmer down, mom,,,i'm getting to that...hee hee..i had to go delete some pictures...i used up all my picture space...so stand by.... :toothy3:

#24 ·
Boomer weighed in tonight at 2lbs 8 ozs., so he's kind of off the charts! i think he'll probably weigh around 26 lbs. (kidding) But he's been
hittin' he dinners pretty hard lately, (Kimmie's dinners that is.)lol

And remember, he's an only child...no competition.) :toothy7: But i'd guess Boomer will be a 10 pounder when he's grown. That's about the
right size for huggin'! :toothy4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.