Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ok our new baby is the brown and white one in front. I want to name him something Spanish but we are having a hard time coming up with something cute and easy to pronounce so my daughter wont have trouble saying the name. I have been trying to come up with words in English and then translating them to Spanish but no luck yet. I want something interesting and original if possible. Please help if you can.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cactus-prickly at times
Cortez-a spanish explorer who conquered Mexico.
Enrique-alpha dog, man of the house, wants the royal treatment
Julio- young, you hope this puppy will never grow up.
Loco- perfect for the crazy dog!!
Orlando-from the great land
Pablo- small one
Amato-beloved
Ciro-the sun
Galeno-little bright one
Vitas-full of life

hopefully you like them. sorry for the late response :p

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
personally i kind of like sophie.. hehe..

but she does look like a lottie or a mia!!! We can start a poll if you'd like!! oh yea and your chi is absolutley precious

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
naming Shih tzu girl

ok I need help naming a puppy for my friend she cant agree on anything BTW not a chi :( It's a little Shih tzu girl so a little ball of fluff, sadly no pictures yet as she's only 2 weeks old. she wants really girlie names, sooo I'm thinking disney names, fairy names etc etc, basically something cute lol any help???

Sarah & Stitch

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
yay i love doing these names
these are all from assorted disney movies and shows based on the movies:
Belle-from beauty and the beast
Cinderella- from cinderella (maybe Cindie for short??)
Jasmine- Alladin (Jaz, or jazzy for short)
Ariel- the little mermaid
mulan
Arora- the princess in sleeping beauty
melicifent- the lady with the mirror on the wall in snow white,,
Carlotta- one of the servents in erics castle in the little mermaid, she is the one to make sure that ariel is properly dressed
Pearl- one the the most popular teenage girls in the city of atlantica
Gabriella- a mute mermaid that has an octopus interperater
The Daughters of Triton:
Aquata,Andrina.Arista, Atina, Adella,Alana and Ariel
Nakoma- pochahontas's best friend
Sapphire- pretty gem
Gigi- girly girly
Ginger
Sugar
Honey
Cheri- means dear
London
Versailles???

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
ok well on the picture the chis reminded me of a mini herd of cows lol, with their colouring.

cow = vaca
bull = toro

i think toro is quite cute
mia
x

Ok our new baby is the brown and white one in front. I want to name him something Spanish but we are having a hard time coming up with something cute and easy to pronounce so my daughter wont have trouble saying the name. I have been trying to come up with words in English and then translating them to Spanish but no luck yet. I want something interesting and original if possible. Please help if you can

·
Registered
615 Posts
OK so I have been working on naming my new little boy chi I am getting. He is blue so I wanted a "blue" name and I thought of a bunch and then it sort of hit me to name him "Rio" which is such a simple name! For those who don't know it means a river in Spanish.

I just wanted people's opinions on Rio and any other suggestions. Thank you! Oh yeah and my other two babies are Keera and Amber so it can't be a name that sounds like those.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
rio does sound cute, i think it sounds fine with kiera and amber

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok so here are 2 pictures of my new puppy (im picking him up on monday). i cant think of a name though! my other chi's name is bentley and he's black and tan

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
suzyb said:
ok so here are 2 pictures of my new puppy (im picking him up on monday). i cant think of a name though! my other chi's name is bentley and he's black and tan
well bentley is a car name so what about another car name for your new puppy

Rover
Ford
Polo
cooper (mini cooper)
chevy
lotus
tigra
saxo
Punto
Volvo
Mercedes
quatro

other possiblities that go with bentley, kind of englishy sounding i guess
harvey
perry
llyod
smithy

·
Registered
76 Posts
aww cooper sounds so cute! he kinda looks like one too... (even tho i hate the cars! hehe) thanks! im gonna just see if i can find any other names too but so far that's in #1 place right now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just rescued a chi-mix!

I found her on my doorstep a couple of days ago.... she's so cute!! We already have a lot of pets, so we are planning to be her foster home until we either find her family or find a good owner for her! :) She's under a year old (per the vet- she still has extra teeth), and she's a mix... chi face! ADORABLE little girl. :)

I just bought her a chi shirt today that says "Drama Queen"... it's pink and has little rhinestones on it! :lol:

So, we are looking for a name... I don't know if she already has one... but we need something to call her other than "the new dog" or "the puppy"!

So far. I have thought of these (got ideas from here already!)
Martini (Teeny for short)
Jasmine (Jazz for short)
Pepsi
Gidget
Keiki (key-key... means baby in hawaiian!)
Chi-Chi (well, duh!)

I have to remember that she's not mine.... and that's hard!! But I do need to call her somethign while she's with us... and eventhough she's 10 lbs already, she loves to be cuddled and sit on laps!

Thanks for any other names you can suggest! 8)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Mia said:
suzyb said:
well bentley is a car name so what about another car name for your new puppy

Rover
Ford
Polo
cooper (mini cooper)
chevy
lotus
tigra
saxo
Punto
Volvo
Mercedes
quatro

other possiblities that go with bentley, kind of englishy sounding i guess
harvey
perry
llyod
smithy
or blaze (short for blazer)
dakota
jag (for jaguar)
baron (lebaron)

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok so i know it doesnt have anything to do with cars but what do u guys think about Reno? or Novi? <-- it's a car thing
i saw Reno in another post and i thought it was cute but not too cutesy ... and my bf thought of Novi since he's all into cars and stuff. although i'll probably be like "ooh my little creamsicle!" all the time anyway hahaha

21 - 40 of 145 Posts