Chihuahua People Forum banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need a name for my male chi. He is currently 5 weeks old so we are not sure of his personality just yet. We already have two females named Mixie and Marley. My husband and 5 yr old want to name him Yoda, but I'm not sold. (not a big star wars fan like they are!!) Open to suggestions!

·
Registered
205 Posts
So I thought Ruby was a fitting name, Since my Birthday is July 1st and she is my Birthday present, but I haven't met her in person yet. They have been calling her HoneyBear. Now I am torn. What do u think? Ruby or HoneyBear or something else? I want to make her a name tag for when she comes home.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I like Ruby, it's different and the story behind it is very sweet, I'd stick with Ruby. You can have the breeder start calling her Ruby so she knows it by the time she gets to her forever home.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nacho's little brother was born a week ago today. He is a black, tan and white tricolor. His sire's name is Tuxedo and apparently he will look just like his Dad, who is a champion. I am tempted to call him Tuxedo as well as he looks like he is wearing one. Originally we thought of Chico (but I think it sounds too much like Nacho) or Chimmi (short for chimichanga). We often call Nacho by Nach or Nachi. So he could be Tux for short. Your thoughts would be appreciated. I will post pictures when he is a bit older.
This is Tuxedo - the daddy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Naming my little girl

Hi, just saw your post about helping to name puppies and thought maybe you can give me suggestions. I just adopted a 5 day old Chihuahua Puppy. The breeder was thinking of euthanizing but couldn't bring herself to do it. She is white with a black mask, tiny at just 2 1/2 ounces. A very strong little girl, but born with no front limbs. Mom decided to stop feeding her, so being a retired CVT and after discussing it with my vet, I decided to raise this little Angel who I've nicknamed Roo for the time being.(after the baby Kangaroo in the Winnie the Pooh books). She had her check up two days ago, is gaining weight and is a demanding little girl if her feeding is 2 minutes late. Please help me find a unique name for a unique baby. I think Italian, Greek and Portuguese are very romantic languages, I am open to any and all suggestions and advise. Thanks!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hi, just saw your post about helping to name puppies and thought maybe you can give me suggestions. I just adopted a 5 day old Chihuahua Puppy. The breeder was thinking of euthanizing but couldn't bring herself to do it. She is white with a black mask, tiny at just 2 1/2 ounces. A very strong little girl, but born with no front limbs. Mom decided to stop feeding her, so being a retired CVT and after discussing it with my vet, I decided to raise this little Angel who I've nicknamed Roo for the time being.(after the baby Kangaroo in the Winnie the Pooh books). She had her check up two days ago, is gaining weight and is a demanding little girl if her feeding is 2 minutes late. Please help me find a unique name for a unique baby. I think Italian, Greek and Portuguese are very romantic languages, I am open to any and all suggestions and advise. Thanks!

Wow Vanessa, what a story!
You did a wonderful thing for taking little Roo in.
Very honorable of you. I love her current name.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, I'm getting a lilac and white puppy this week, he weighed 1.5pounds at 6 weeks so is going to be quite a big boy! But I have no clue what to name him!? I'm swinging to either Blue or Alfie, but has anyone else got any suggestions?

Thank You!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, We have a 10 week old Blue Merle girl, she has 1 blue eye and we think shes not gonna be a tiny girl. At the moment we're calling her Lollipop - Lolli for short which I like but some of the family don't :foxes15:

I cant use Skye, Dotty, Poppy, Maple and a few others as they are used on the chooks and past pets lol I love names that are not human names like our 2 year old Chi is named Spudley. A lonnnnng list would be fab as I'm up against my partner and 4 boys who keep comin up with butch names for her lol

thankie Ju x

Lollipop (subject to change lol)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, We have a 10 week old Blue Merle girl, she has 1 blue eye and we think shes not gonna be a tiny girl. At the moment we're calling her Lollipop - Lolli for short which I like but some of the family don't :foxes15:

I cant use Skye, Dotty, Poppy, Maple and a few others as they are used on the chooks and past pets lol I love names that are not human names like our 2 year old Chi is named Spudley. A lonnnnng list would be fab as I'm up against my partner and 4 boys who keep comin up with butch names for her lol

thankie Ju x

Lollipop (subject to change lol)

Azul (blue in Spanish)

Dotty or Dottie

Speckle

Splatches or Splotches

Two Tone

Twister (because of all the colors on her she looks like she went thru a paint tornado, LOL)

Thats all I got for now, hope you find a name for her

·
Registered
115 Posts
I need some help naming this girl who is going to be the new addition to the family today if everything goes well :) Her original name is Maya but we don't like it very much

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gotta say Vanessa I kinda like Roo too, you are obviously a fantastic person and must have buckets of love to give. Good luck to you and little Roo.

Spudchi, sorry but I love your current name too, in fact so much I may have to pinch it for my next little girl LOL. Lollipop is just such a great word to say..

Sorry little bean, at the moment I can't think of a name for your girl, I'm sure someone else will come up with something great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We just got a new puppy, she's super sweet and playful... she pees a lot! LOL She's 12 weeks old, mostly a pale tan color and white. We like cutesy names/princess names. short hair... Hmmm....

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
We just got a new puppy, she's super sweet and playful... she pees a lot! LOL She's 12 weeks old, mostly a pale tan color and white. We like cutesy names/princess names. short hair... Hmmm....
Yay! How exciting! Can you post a picture of her?
My next girl (like that's going to happen) dog name is gonna be Pandora and I would love to call her Pandie for short!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love Lula, if I had a girl chi that's what I'd call her. Or Ivy, Luna, Desi, Adelaide (Addie for short) Magdalena (Maggie or Lena) tessie, britta, Sophie, darla, or baby! I love love love girls names! Hmm maybe I need a female chi to be a companion for Oscar..

121 - 140 of 145 Posts