Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched the chis to Fromm for their nighttime meal, hoping to save a few $ per month because I just moved and have no job yet:foxes15:. Ever since we switched, their poops have been so much bigger.. Yuck. The past few days, they have both had nasty soft poop, so I have decided to give up on the Fromm. I am not ever going to switch them off of ZiwiPeak again.. I can't handle giant kibble poops!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I got some TOTW to free feed my puppy with and of course my big kids ate some too and I couldn't believe the difference between that and the ZP. Their poop literally doubled in size!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Good lord, what a horror story - I've never seen anything but teeny, weeny little odourless nuggets (except for the odd occasion when I've fed too much liver jerky & systems get all out of whack).

I can't even begin to imagine what a giant Chi poo looks like, and nor will I be finding out any time soon.

What are we all going to do if ZiwiPeak ever go out of business?????

·
Registered
591 Posts
What are we all going to do if ZiwiPeak ever go out of business?????
OMG I would be mortified! We've only been feeding ZP for a couple of months (Max was on raw when we got him but couldn't handle it!) Max loves it and I feel confident that he is getting the goodness he needs from his food :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
LOL I don't find any difference between ZP poo and Fromm poo but I have dogs with really strong stomachs for the most part. ZP is too high in calcium for me to feed to puppies that are growing so I use fromm with some supplemented raw to try to give their bones the 'time' they need to grow not just the 'go juice'!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting Kristi.. I thought I might have been feeding too much, but even cutting back didn't help. Penny usually has an iron stomach, so I was surprised it bothered her. Lion is sensitive though.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It can totally be how your dogs process the different types of food...so I am positive it is case by case. I can switch from raw to ziwipeak to kibble with several of my dogs and they never skip a beat. But I don't know how 'normal' that is.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My oldest gal, Clover, is on icky Chicken Soup dog food because that's all her stomach can handle (she gets bloody stools with almost every other brand I've tried). Her poos are large and smelly. Nasty.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We don't have a problem with little and big poops, but odourless NO WAY, if one of mine poops in the night (they sleep in their beds on the floor) the smell actually wakes me up. I sleep with an air freshener spray by the side of the bed. So when I have delt with the poop I have to have a spray around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts