Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chico had another one of his little allergy fits again just now. it took us 30 mins just to give him his benadryl...he's so feisty! but as soon as he gets it, he stops his little allergies.

tomorrow they're coming to clean my carpets, and i'm praying that stops chico's allergies. i can't stand to see my baby having the reverse sneezing and the mini "silent" reverse sneeze attacks. i'd rather it be me who has allergies instead of chico. if having my carpets cleaned doesnt work, i'm breaking my lease on the grounds that this carpet is a health hazard (its like 10 freakin years old!) my husbands asthma is starting to act up too...i'm not gonna have the 2 most important guys in my life suffering!

wow, started rambling there for a minute :lol: i'm sure you can all understand my frustration though. :wave:

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
totally can! :wink: - poor little chico :( - hopefully after the carpets have been cleaned his allergies will calm down :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I hope it works, but it may just be dust too? Kemo sneezes and stuff all the time.

I agree ya gotta take care of your men :wink: Keeping fingers crossed for you :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx...we've started looking for another apartment. turns out we're not getting the house we thought we were :cry: they have some really nice appts just built...HARD WOOD FLOORS! I love em. they dont get dirty.

and yes, it most likely is dust...living in the desert sux. 17 years, no allergies. then i move out here and within 2 years i get allergies to dust and pollen (not very bad, but its still inconvienent) and i've developed an intolerance to heat! if i'm out in the sun for more than 10 minutes i get a heat rash! :evil: never happened before i came out here. i want to move to cali soooo bad. i'd love taking chico for walks on the beach every day :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
That will be great if you get one of those new apartments. Then you can still keep looking for a house for the future. I've been thinking of replacing my carpet with hardwood (or more likely Pergo) but I'm afraid Lily would just slip and slide all over. Can a dog do zoomies on Pergo??

I have come to hate carpet because of the dust factor. Yes, I know I could vacuum more often. :p :p

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
That will be great if you get one of those new apartments. Then you can still keep looking for a house for the future. I've been thinking of replacing my carpet with hardwood (or more likely Pergo) but I'm afraid Lily would just slip and slide all over. Can a dog do zoomies on Pergo??

I have come to hate carpet because of the dust factor. Yes, I know I could vacuum more often. :p :p
My daughter and son-in-law just replaced all the carpet in their house with the wood laminate and ceramic tile in 2 of the bedrooms. They love it and it does look great. The only thing I have noticed as a negative is the noise factor. With 3 children at home, 3 dogs and 2 cats, it gets pretty noisy! It was really surprising to me how much the carpet baffled the noise - just not something you really think about. They are a noisy bunch anyway, :lol: with surround sound TV, stereos, guitar, electric guitar, my grand-daughters' friends coming and going, etc. Whew! When I go to their house, after about an hour I am happy to come home to my nice, quiet house. :lol:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I sure hope cleaning the carpet helps!! I know how he feels...I have bad allergies too! I think hardwood would help though.

Rachael - Sadie and Ritz still have zoomies on the hardwood but it's harder because they slip and slide around. They go much faster and zoomie harder on the carpet. :wink:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, they just got cleaned!!! you wouldn't BELIEVE all the cat hair that was clumped up after we were finished. it was kinda gross, and just looking at it made me wanna sneeze. chico seems better, but its to early to tell...i'll be able to say for sure by next week if having the carpets cleaned helped him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts