Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually had the camera sitting by the couch today and I caught something that rarely happens in my house... and when it does, it only lasts about 10 seconds!! I am getting these printed and blown up tomorrow!

:blob4: :blob5: :blob8: :cat: :grommit:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Oma looked like she was about to get playful with the little guy and then thought better of it. Why did she smack him... or is that just what she always does? Do you think she secretly likes having him around or not-so-secretly despises the space he occupies? Would Cooper faint from shock if Oma ever treated him kindly?

Those are some great pics, though. How cool that you had the camera ready. 8)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Oma looked like she was about to get playful with the little guy and then thought better of it. Why did she smack him... or is that just what she always does? Do you think she secretly likes having him around or not-so-secretly despises the space he occupies? Would Cooper faint from shock if Oma ever treated him kindly?

Those are some great pics, though. How cool that you had the camera ready. 8)
What happens in those situations is Cooper will realize that OmaKitty is looking at him and he'll try to kiss her. She'll smack him and walk away in response.

I don't think she likes him much at all but, in the long run, I think she's slightly indifferent. What she lacks in indifference, she makes up with hatred. And I'm sure if OmaKitty ever did anything nice to him, he would be ecstatic ... he tries to get her to love him every single day of his life. It's actually quite sad... he loves her, she hates him... he just doesn't get it. LOL

When Cooper was a little over 4 months old, I was in the office and left OmaKitty and Coop in the living room together. After about 30 minutes, I heard him scream, followed by complete silence. I ran into the room (because silence isn't right) and found OmaKitty with Cooper hanging from her mouth. She had a VERY firm grip on his jugular and he was passed out cold. Before I could get to her, she took him and started shaking him like crazy, which prompted me to scream bloody murder, she dropped him and ran and I drove him to the ER. Luckily, he was okay with the exception of the vampire marks in his neck.

I never left her alone with him unless he was kenneled until I was positive he was big enough to either defend himself or run away.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, even typing that gave me chills. I think it's safe to say OmaKitty will never appreciate Cooper as much as I do. LOL

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JOLIE'SMOM said:
That cat scares me. :shock: Are you sure you're safe to sleep in her presence? shiver That gives me the willies. :shock:
I'm safe. I'm the one that knows how to open the cans of Fancy Feast. Plus, I'm also the one that made the decision that Cooper would sleep in a cage. I'm so safe... I might as well be Switzerland. :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
We have a similar love hate/dog cat situation in our house with Mo and Keiko, our cat. Glad you caught one of those rare moments of tolerance! Keiko just glares at Mo all day and swats him good if he gets anywhere too close. I think she likes the fact she can bully Mo. My other dogs are too big.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
:lol: I think that's the secret move that cats use to fool the dogs. The Amaru does that too, lays on her back all cute like she wants to play, so the dogs come over. Then SMACK, yelp, yelp, yelp. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sophie's Mom said:
Glad you got those shots so at least you have the memories. Poor Cooper :cry: Guess it's unrequited love :wink:
ROFL... that's exactly what it is. He just doesn't understand ... EVERYBODY loves him so he just doesn't get what her problem is. :lol:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
sounds like paris :D she's in love with our cat too,but he doesn't want anything to do with her :lol:

i love that second pic ,it's certainly one to frame

kisses nat

·
Registered
534 Posts
I always laugh so hard at Omakitty, because I have 2 that look identical , and aparently the "I hate chi's " gene goes along with that color/markings.
Here are my two litter mates that make my poor chi's life a living he...ck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts