Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the day after my operation on both eyes, i was told I looked like an extra in the film "The FLy" lol

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had cataracts in both eyes but they were more complex as they were at the back of my eye rather than the usual front. I have to be different don't I

The actual day was a nightmare, I had already put theop off 3 years ago as I was sso scared, then I eventually realised I needed it done as my eyes were getting worse.

So 8am I arrive for the operations to be told by the aneathetist that he did not want to give me a general as it was a very dangerous risk and a bed in HDU would be needed on stand by in case of complications.

Nowo I can't lie flat due to my lungs and the surgeon said I had to lie flat so a general was a must. Now I wait while the aneathetist and surgeon come to an agreement. Finally the surgeon wins but now anoither problem.

A bed will be available but not until late maybe 6pm and the surgeon finishes at 12.3-pm and so they can't operate as the bed won't be ready in time.

Brian argued with them and by now I had been sitting waitign for near on 6hrs. So now I an told to wait and antiher 2 hrs pass before they tell me that the operation will go ahead but with a different surgeon.

This other surgeon first tells me off as he had to send a day patient home who would have had a 30min wait max not like my 8 hrs with no food or water...

He also told me having one eye done and going through another general later for the other eye carries a higher risk but then having both eyes done at the same time carries a high risk of blindness. Oh lordy.. well as you can see I had both done.

That was two weeks ago now and my vision is terrible, I need a magnifying glass to read and type and I get pain in my eyes still. I go to see the eye surgeon who was originally gonna operate on me tomorrow so will see what she says.

What a stressful day that was.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
OH Dawn. You have been through it, haven't you. I hope that your vision clears up. Keep us posted! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and that you are back on your feet again soon.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
People are so inconsiderate sometimes, I can't believe the surgeon told YOU off - if anything the diva surgeon that dropped out should have been told off.

Sorry this happened hun, try to get some rest and have a happy thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When they told me the op was gonna be cancelled I broke down in tears, I had built myself up for 4 years only to be told that it wasn't going ahead. I knew in my mind I'd not be back in a hurry andjsut wanted it over with.

When the second surgeon told me off I was stunned, I mean what i worse, waiting 7-8 hrs to be told no or waiting 30min. I just kept quiet and ingnored him..

At the moment I have to read and type with a magnifying glass which is a pain but at least I have some vision and not blind. I have about another 2=3 weeks before I can go for some glasses. I was hoping that after teh operation I would not need glasses but thesurgeon did say because of the location of my cataracts they did not know what size lens to put back in and that I may need glasses.

See what is said tomorrow at my appointment.

All this because of a lung disease...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
****HUGSS**** Oh I hope all of this is sorted for you soon xx

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
oh my....i hope all goes well with the appointment tomaro! :albino:

LOL @ the fly comment! i can totally see that now haha! :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I touch my eyes accidently it feels like a loads of pins stabbing me. Doesn't last long though so I can cope with it.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My GOODNESS! You poor thing! I don't know how you managed to hang around while they fought with each other. I know how scared you were, but you were very brave to go through with it. I hope you get to feelin' better soon and I hope your eyes improve with time. Eye surgery is a very sensitive, time-consuming process. Don't strain your eyes trying to be on the chi forum. You need to let your eyes rest so they heal quicker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts