Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im completely stumped right now. Ive written on chi chat how a couple timss how dexter always barks at my mom when shes gettin ready for work at 6 am. And how he barks at her continuously even if he goes out to see her being there. And how he almost bit her hand last time while growlin. But why oh why dexter did u snarl viciously at her when she came home earlier than usual from work when she came twds us and reached oit her hand to get sumthin closeby? I know we were both sleepingand he was being overly protectiv3....i h!d to hold him bak so he woukdnt bite her hand. Dont get me wrong people my mom even cooks for him and gives him love. He even belkysup twds her but sumtimes it feels as if he fergets who she is?...hesnkot like this with ne other famiky member so it makes no sense to me at all

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jealousy? How so! Im always with dex more than her. I barely get along with my parents o.o

·
Registered
8 Posts
do's he only bite when your mother goes to work??

Mayby you can get the habit out of him when he bites.
If he bites when she goes to work.
You can put your jacket on and get your keys.
And then you go example to the toilet.
And then making some food.
And then put your jacket off, and stay home.
Things you normaly wouln't do when you go to work.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this isnt the first time though for him bein like that. even when i wasnt home he did it out of nowhere twds her

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I don't know why all I know is it's unacceptable and has been getting worse over a period of time pidge he will bite if you don't start correcting this, I'd also get him neutered as it WILL help his behaviour

You need to pull him
Into check and get your family on board make sure you aren't holding him when people come towards you if she starts to growl you tell him off if he goes to lunge pin him on his side till he calms down.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know why all I know is it's unacceptable and has been getting worse over a period of time pidge he will bite if you don't start correcting this, I'd also get him neutered as it WILL help his behaviour

You need to pull him
Into check and get your family on board make sure you aren't holding him when people come towards you if she starts to growl you tell him off if he goes to lunge pin him on his side till he calms down.
i did pin him! and it helped a bit. i had to pin him 3 times actually. the moment i got up from bed he went to the kitchen wantin to go outside so i let him out and he jetted out to the middle of the garden and barked at nothing there...and then came back in barking twice and stopped and now hes completely fine? :rolleyes:
mmm neuter...im still against that but we'll see what happens if this pinning doesnt work then maybe

·
Registered
162 Posts
i did pin him! and it helped a bit. i had to pin him 3 times actually. the moment i got up from bed he went to the kitchen wantin to go outside so i let him out and he jetted out to the middle of the garden and barked at nothing there...and then came back in barking twice and stopped and now hes completely fine? :rolleyes:
mmm neuter...im still against that but we'll see what happens if this pinning doesnt work then maybe
Just curious, why are you against neutering?

I agree that he "owns" you and the bed. He thinks he's in charge and he's putting your mom in her place. Whenever she does something he doesn't like, he lets her know. You need to let the little prince know he's getting too big for his britches!

Also... Your mom needs to pin him.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Wasn't it your brother he had a problem with last time??

He needs to be held until
He submits, your mum doesn't have to hold him down he just needs to know his behaviour isn't tolerated.

Pidge honestly I think you need to research into neutering the benefits by far outweigh the cons and his behaviour is becoming aggressive removing the testosterone does help it won't fix but it does help. You say he is always marking too marking is also there way of owning something it's not on he is a dog...

You need to know his warnings so you can correct them
Before he even growls.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I wonder ---does DExter think that he is in charge ??

Rico used to give opinions about things when he was a baby pup. I'd hold him by the withers/shoulder and tell him No--, if he (Dexter) attempts to growll or guard I'd correct that. Dexter isn't out in the wild he is living in a home with a family--in that pack he isn't the boss. Maybe some reminders of that would help him to understand things.

Dexter is a silly one for sure.;)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She cant pin him down because he was definitely goin to bite her. Shes scared when it comes to animals and such. Shes scared to death of cats as i brought one home laat time, she flipped not even stayin in the same room and callin me in the same house on the cell to tell me no way lol! She never punished him ever besides scoldin

Daisy it was my bro last time in terms of barkin and he still barks at him when he comes over but its not as bad now. Theres no growls involved, hes scared of my bro and unsure of him as well sice my bro cant exactly cuddle him as hes allergic to the point of coughin and stuffy nose and itchy eyes.

I dont believe in neuterin. Ive read all sides of it. U guys have ur own opinion but i got mine. I believe it shoukd be natural and how he was born is the way he should stay. Should we neuter little human boys if they misbehave? Nope...just gotta find a way to fix this.

When i left the house he was perfectly normal again...and yes rubia he is silly

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Just hold tight hon. It will take time. But you need to show Dexter your the boss not him. Tray all the advises here and in FB and hopefully you will find the right one that fits both of you and the family. ;)

She cant pin him down because he was definitely goin to bite her. Shes scared when it comes to animals and such. Shes scared to death of cats as i brought one home laat time, she flipped not even stayin in the same room and callin me in the same house on the cell to tell me no way lol! She never punished him ever besides scoldin
LOL I imagined the whole scene in my head. lol Your mom is too funny.

I dont understand the Pin part. What does that mean? What do you do exactly to pin him? :confused:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fad lol yea i just read it over and crackedup myself. It was suha cute kitten too :( i hooe i find sumthin too! Pin means the action like how dogs tackle esch other down or to either play or to show whose in charge. Like in lion king when simba got pined by the girl cub lol :b thats scene just played in my head :albino:

My bf also joked around thst dexter was turning into a wereworlf due .to the lunar eclipse that happened last night hahaha :lol:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I respect your views but he is a dog not a human!!!!! Don't humanise him that's half his problem

Pidge neutering won't fix everything but it helps... If you cam continue to live like this (and honestly I couldn't all the marking he does would make me die) and put up with his issues.. Tbh totally blunt you're stumped really I'd look into a behaviourist then he's from a puppy mill so you don't know his ancestors and he's bot neutered which will add to his problems.. High amounts of testosterone cause aggression (in humans too). Maybe look into a behaviourist

But yeah I'd look into a behaviourist as it's obviously getting worse

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
They have little silicone testicles u can get if u feel bad about neutering him hahaha it's like testi implants I saw it on keeping up with the kardashians so the dog gets neutered but has fake testis! So funny

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Yep..looks like time out for Dexter!! Sound likes he's getting overly protective. And he thinks he is the alpha male. Girl....get him neutered!!! it will really help with that male aggresion for sure. It's way past due. Better than having something bad happen down the road. It's only for his protection, and safety, is why i am reccommending it.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I tend to err on the side of saying he should probably be neutered as well.
I don't think ALL males need to be done, but definitely for some who have issues with the hormone levels its best for them. It would drop his aggression and he would stop peeing in the house as well!

I'm not sure what else to recommend just keep correcting him!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Dexter , you are being a bad boy barking at Pidges Mother. dont you do that!!! she even cooks for you. ( i feel really bad for your mom )
i think he knows your mom is scared of him. does he listen to you when you tell him no

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I dont believe in neuterin. Ive read all sides of it. U guys have ur own opinion but i got mine. I believe it shoukd be natural and how he was born is the way he should stay. Should we neuter little human boys if they misbehave? Nope...just gotta find a way to fix this.
I'm curious, where you have read that there are negative side effects to neutering? I've had both dogs and cats my entire life and not 1 single vet has ever told me that it's not wise to alter my pets. Do you have a link to this research?

If you're serious about wanting to stop Dexters behavior then you need to take charge in a hurry. Everyone in the family needs to be educated about how to correct him, and how to interact with him. Boss has horrible aggression issues these days. We are currently practicing the NILIF (I found that link..it explains it pretty well). It's working well for our situation. Boss is quickly learning that he is NOT the leader of the pack, which is clearly Dexters problem as well.

As much as we like to humanize our pets (especially chi's) they are not human and to compare neutering a dog to neutering a small child is insane.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.