Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our house does not just have one dog living in it. We have a ghost dog here, which I have seen a number of times now.

I was walking down the stairs this morning, and carrying Daisy, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a tiny white thing trotting beside me the same way Daisy trots. I have also seen it sat behind the stair gate which keeps Daisy in the living room, when she was the other side of the room.

Some people may remember the thread I posted about Daisy's siblings which died (to make it brief, only my Daisy and one brother survived out of a litter of 7), and I feel that the dog I have seen is one of her siblings staying with her.

I am not the only person to have seen this either. My brother has seen this dog once, no other times as far as I know, I don't ask because he gets freaked out. My mum also saw it the same time as my brother did, and I know it wasn't Daisy as they were in the living room, and I was upstairs with her. Mum has also felt (what she thought was Daisy) walking on her bed, when Daisy was in fact asleep beside her.

It's a little weird, but not scary because I think it's here to look after Daisy.

Please don't think I'm strange :)

Anyone else have anything like this happen?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
A good friend of mine used to sell Avon. She went to a house and the lady invited her in. (Probably not something you'd do today, go to a strangers house, but this was years ago). They sat down in the kitchen and my friend was giving this lady her catalog, etc. Then she noticed that this lady had a lot of "strange" decorations in the house. Upside down crucifix on the wall, etc. She started feeling unsettled and was getting ready to leave when a cat walked into the kitchen. She was telling the lady that she would get back with her later and stood up to leave when the cat walked through the wall and disappeared. YES, IT WALKED INTO THE WALL AND DISAPPEARED.

She ran out of the house and never went back. True story.

It sounds like the little white dog you are seeing is not hostile. But that is not true of all spirits. So be careful.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Eeek Tracy that sounds like a creepy situation!

Charlotte, I don't think you sound weird for posting this. It is actually very interesting.. I wonder if it really is one of Daisy's siblings.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't believe in Ghosts or spirits and I don't think this makes u strange at all : )

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
I used to have a ghost cat in a place that I rented! I never saw it though. Everyone used to make fun of me. One day I was folding laundry in my bedroom and I felt a cat paw at my ankles (fur and all). I was so sure it was one of my cats that I wasn't freaked out at all. I looked under the bed and there was nothing there, then opened the bedroom door and both of the cats were sound asleep on the couch. Eek!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That story was creepy Tracy!
And I know what you mean about hostile ghosts, I had one in my bedroom at a different house when I was younger.

And thanks everyone, glad I'm not crazy :p

Krystalleigh, that sound just like what my mum experienced! I haven't had that, I think I would be a little freaked out if I actually felt something.

I think in a way it thinks it's my chi along with Daisy, because, like yesterday morning, it follows us around and does the same things as Daisy. Maybe if her siblings had survived, I'd have bought this little one too? And it's found it's home with its sister :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I do believe in the afterlife,does Daisy look like she sees something as well ? I would love to see a ghost, family or pets who have passed

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
I do believe in the afterlife,does Daisy look like she sees something as well ? I would love to see a ghost, family or pets who have passed
Ditto.... Every once in awhile I smell the pipe tobacco that my dad used to smoke.... it has a very distinct odor.... never seen anything but would LOVE to know they are here watching over me.......

oh and my heart stopped once during surgery...... I can still remember the wonderful, calm, loved 'feeling' and 'seeing' that beautiful white light ........ I am no longer afraid to die.......

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh sure...I believe in this type of thing. We have more human ghosts than animal though (our house was the first on it's road--it's about 130yrs old)....my youngest daughter has seen "people" many times & I've also had a few experiences. I try not to think about it much because the more attention you pay to it the more it makes itself known & quite frankly it freaks me out. LOL So out of mind...out of sight? Haha But yes I do believe. I think it's neat you have a ghost dog & it sounds quite friendly. Just needing a bit of companionship. :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
These are some weird stories. lol :) Freaky!!

Wow Jan that is quite a cool experience. My husband's friend died in bed with his wife (he's only in his 30s) had a heart problem but they rushed him to the hospital and unbelievably after being "dead" for i can't remember now how long but a LONG time to come back..they brought him back. He had quite an experience as well. He saw Jesus and it was really an awesome experience for sure. I completely believe in life after death. Never have doubted it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Oh i love these stories, i find it all fascinating!

Ive never experienced anything like it myself but my neighbours dogs used to stand at the bottom of the stairs and bark up to the landing and they are not barkers, and her son who was 2 and a half at the time said he could see his dead greatgrandmother who he had never even met, spooky!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Charlotte, that’s not weird at all. We have a ghost cat that resides mostly in our kitchen. Sometimes you see it out of the corner of your eye jumping on one of the counters or walking around the legs of the table. Ours came with the house. It creeped me out at first, but I think animal spirits are neutral and nothing to be afraid of. It’s sweet if one of Daisy’s siblings is looking out for her.
Mchis, you’re right, the more attention you pay, the more activity you’ll get. Cool on the people ghosts! We have those too; I caught my son talking to one when we first moved in. Scared the hell out of me!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Wooooo, goose bumps!

Who knows what's out there, beyond the things we expect to be? I've never encountered a ghost (human or animal) myself, but I keep any open mind about these things!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts