Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Gigi since she was 6 weeks old and she is now 7 months old. In that time I have probably given her bath 3 times. To me that seems bad. I use to bathe my shih tzu weekly and clean his ears because he always smelled doggy.

Gigi never smells so I rarely bathe her. I brush her and give a spritz of doggy cologne. Should I bathe her more? I feel like I should, but she just does not smell bad. I'm going to bathe her today.

When friends come over I always ask them how does she smell, lol. Just in case. They always say she smells great. How often do you guys bathe your babies? I'm going to use some whitening shampoo and her oatmeal conditioner after.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Naw I don't think it's bad. It doesn't sound like she needs it. I don't bathe mine much really. Maybe once every couple of months, I've gone longer as well. Over washing can also be drying too. If they get dirty from being outside I'll bathe them, but it's rare for that to happen. They don't have doggie smell. I personally wouldn't use cologne or anything like that.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I only bathe mine when they roll in something really dirty, like mud, poop, etc. Dogs don't need to be bathed often, it can dry out their skin. Don't feel bad!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I wish I could get away without bathing Calista!!

She is a monster for rolling in things...
Fox Poop
Goose Poop
Anywhere another dog has pee'd

we end up bathing her a couple of times a month. :( Silly Doggy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kermi always walks on his pee and poop. I've cleaned him about 4 times and hes only 9 weeks. I use the gentlest wash because he is so young.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I bathed mine this last weekend, not because they actually needed it, but because I was hosting my daughter's baby shower at my house, and I wanted them to smell really good because of all the attention they'd be getting :D

Prior to that, I think it had to have been 3 months since they'd had a bath, again not because they desperately needed it, they didn't smell or anything, but just because I like to know that every once in a while they've been scrubbed clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts