Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share some pics of just before she was taken to vets yesterday morning and the difference of how she feels and looks this evening.
Its been a happier day for all of us:)
Lulubelle says.. "Thankyous for alls doz huggies and kissies I gots and me and mommy hopes you had a fun Halloween's":laughing9:

Yesterday morning..eye swollen shut and rash under front legs, ears and tummy

This evening...so much better and the eye is completely open and her red rash is fading a bit.. still pretty red on legs and ears

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She definitely looks better!!! So happy for her and for you too!! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Oh sweet baby girl, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! Our continued thoughts and prayers, and kisses & hugs! :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
So glad you're feeling better Baby Lulubelle. Hopefully, you're going to find an answer to the itches and have a lot of better days. You deserve it little one.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
She looks great ! I hope she continues on the path to recovery.. I just love seeing photos of her laying on her back like a total sweetie!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again everyone.....She is eating good today and I just can't believe how much better she feels. As much as we don't want her to take the medicine that has a very small amount of steroids in it, right now it is the only thing that is making her get better. Tommorrow she goes back to the vets for a re-check and to get her new med. that will be given only every other day..1/8 of a tiny tablet. We are going to keep her on the lowest possible dose. Normally a chi of her size takes 1/2 tab every day, but we are going to start out with this very small amount and see if this can keep her on the right track.
I have put her back on Natural Balance food (Duck and Potato) It is the only food that seems to work for her right now. So hopefully she will do well and be back to 100% real soon:daisy:

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
....1/8 of a tiny tablet. We are going to keep her on the lowest possible dose. Normally a chi of her size takes 1/2 tab every day, but we are going to start out with this very small amount and see if this can keep her on the right track.
I have put her back on Natural Balance food (Duck and Potato) It is the only food that seems to work for her right now. So hopefully she will do well and be back to 100% real soon:daisy:
good for you for going conservative on the meds.
Duck and Potato--it's a good basic food for dogs with allergies.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
good for you for going conservative on the meds.
Duck and Potato--it's a good basic food for dogs with allergies.
Yes we have had a pretty good response with the Natural Balance grain-free foods. Both the girls were on Venison and sweet potato and they have gotten tired of it so I slowly transitioned over to Duck and potato. I was dissappointed to see that Lulubelle could not tolerate the raw diet, but we tried:(
Yes the "every other day medication" will be the only thing she takes now along with her omega supplements. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts