Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night I was taking the dogs out and we have to carry Hugo up and down the stairs and I was carrying him down and slipped and fell I dropped him I thought he had broken his leg or his hip I didn't care that I was hurt I just ran to him picked him up I was bawling brad came running out and took him looked him over he actually hit his head he has a small scrap on his head and his eye is red I took him to the vet and did any X-ray to make sure everything okay He is good thanks goodness I was so scared... He is now back to where we started scared of everything I don't know what to do.. I know it was an accident but I just feel so bad and he's so scared of everything even me...

· Banned
10,736 Posts
I agree with Bella. So stop blaming yourself, what's done is done, no need to stress over it now. Most importantly you are both ok. Hugs.

· Registered
5,191 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry this happened. He will be OK eventually with you, and you sure didn't mean for it to scare him. It will just take time for him to see it's not something that will happen again.

· Banned
10,736 Posts
How are the rest of your pups doing? How have you been lately?

· Banned
5,631 Posts
Yikes! Like everyone has said it was an accident. Falling while carrying Odie is one of my nightmares. We have two large flights of stairs and have them gated off, so I often just pick her up. You did everything you should have, and I'm sure in time he'll forget about it!

· Registered
12 Posts
Saturday night I was taking the dogs out and we have to carry Hugo up and down the stairs and I was carrying him down and slipped and fell I dropped him I thought he had broken his leg or his hip I didn't care that I was hurt I just ran to him picked him up I was bawling brad came running out and took him looked him over he actually hit his head he has a small scrap on his head and his eye is red I took him to the vet and did any X-ray to make sure everything okay He is good thanks goodness I was so scared... He is now back to where we started scared of everything I don't know what to do.. I know it was an accident but I just feel so bad and he's so scared of everything even me...
Just keep trying to feed and play with them. They are quite forgiving if you continue to satisfy them in those two fields. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.