Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pedro is very predictable, and he's also easily manipulated, but only by me.

I get up at 5 a.m. weekdays, and between Pedro and the cat, it's a good day when I can make it down the stairs without landing on my head. I grab my coffee, hook on his leash, and stagger out into the yard, in hopes that he will do his thing quickly so I can get in the shower.

He always pees immediately, but sometimes it takes a little push from me to get him to poo. Running seems to always bring it on, so I've made a bit of a game out of it...I say "Run, Pedro, run" and get him running back and forth. After 3-4 times of it, he'll go poo, 99% of the time. (If I can't get him to go, he'll wind up whining outside the shower wanting me to get out and take him then.)

Well, this morning, I was exceptionally sleepy headed, and obviously, so was he.

I said "Run, Pedro, run"...

And he did...

Head first into a very large tree. :sad5:

It took him about 5 minutes of shaking his head and me apologizing before I could get a kiss. And I'm pretty sure I lost my poo trick...

I felt terrible about it all day! But he seems to have forgiven me, and all is well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Awwww poor little boy.
Things happen regardless of the best intentions
Glad he's feeling better.
Now you'll have to spend a little time finding a new 'poop' trick LOL

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I tried it again today (in the daylight, when we were both wide awake) and he will still fall for it, he's just a little more cautious with his spin around and full throttle run!

He did look at the tree kinda funny, though!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Awwww poor guy, Shellie my golden runs into things all the time lol, it's no wonder she's so ditzy :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts