Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO HAPPY !!! :D :eek: I thought I serf the net to find close holistic vet to my area, Little did I know there is one in Traverse city, 45 mins away from me only. I am going to call them tomorrow, she studied at the U of M where I took Amberleah for her boy part in girl part problem.

Here is her web site

Veterinary Wellness of Northern Michigan

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Can you explain the difference to me between a Holistic vet and regular one? Is a holistic vet one that practices with natural remedies & stuff like that?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain the difference to me between a Holistic vet and regular one? Is a holistic vet one that practices with natural remedies & stuff like that?
Yes, go to the web site and she tells you what they do, they also believe in raw feeding. And Don't need shots every year.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It depends.

Hope is going to a Holistic vet. I began looking for someone at the end of last year.

The vet I chose was a traditional vet for 30 years. Now she has received additional schooling and certification in canine Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Chinese herbs.

Unlike some holistic vets, she has limited her practice to these things which would involve blood work and such. She does not immunize nor perform surgery any longer so she will be used in concert with our traditional vet rather than in place of.

I had to fill out pages and pages of paperwork asking me everything I thought I knew about Hope and frankly questions that I cannot imagine how she will use to help her. I am a thorough person, however, so the paperwork made me hopeful and confident in her rather than overwhelmed.

After reviewing the paperwork, she had her assistant call to schedule the appointment. She also, after reviewing the completed paperwork, requested Hope's full medical history from our vet. She is scheduled 6-8 weeks out. Her appointment will be 1 hour long. We are to bring her food, treats and supplements she is on. I am beyond eager to get in and have her seen! She does not go until the 27th of this month.

Theresa, I take this kind of thing for granted since I live in a big city. So happy for you that you found someone close to you!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts