Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything he's supposed to feel and do he is not doing! He ate and drank when he got home and didn't throw up. He wanted to run around the yard and climb onto the sofa. He's not licking his incision nor being groggy. Boy, am I relieved!
He is scaring me when I see him so active so I cordoned him off in his own area to recuperate. Now he whines when he's confined.
He seems to be recovering very quickly! As my vet said, "I TOLD you he wouldn't miss a thing!"
Anyone else had this happen while your dog was recovering from being neutered or spayed? I do have to take Levi back to the vet in 10 days for a follow up. I hope he doesn't give me a heart attack before then.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Tabitha bounces back from surgery immediately. Jerry, poor little guy, gets loopy from
the anesthesia and has a really wild look in his eyes; he also tends to throw up the first
night :( So glad to hear Levi is doing so well! Some dogs just take it better than others.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Glad he's doing well. Both my girls were just like Levi. They had a long lasting pain injection just before I picked them up and they acted perfectly normal and happy.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody's neuter never fazed him either! He was bouncing around that evening like nothing happened. The next day I could tell he was a little sore, but he never bothered his incision and by the 3rd day he was really back to normal. It's so nice when it goes smoothly!! I'm happy for you!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replying everyone! It reassured me. Today Levi seemed a little subdued, so I made him take it easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts