Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on puppyfind today and I saw a couple of really pretty all white female chi's. So I emailed the person and asked if they were still available, weight, age, what they're doing for potty training and to send me some pics.etc. Well they write me back and say.. camera is not working today, he has one available, it weighs 1 lb. will be ready in 1 to 2 weeks. Born on march 30. Okay, then he says she's still nursing, and is "much too young" to start training on pads :confused: and that "at this age" mom is still licking those parts to make her go potty? UH?:scratch:
He also says est. adult weight is 4-6 lbs.
I am thoroughly confused. Um shouldn't she be on dog food if she's 6 wks old, and using pads and pottying on her own? This was weird to me, It honestly looked like a kid wrote it, ie: mispelled words, etc.
Not sure what to think.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
It's a scammer by the sounds of it.
You will find loads of those on the sites you are lookin at sadly.
There is no dog.
Usually they want to ship to you for money.
The spelling etc... is a red flag.
I wouldnt contact them again if was me.

You really need to take the advice here and go a better route for a dog IMO, yes you will pay more than you would like but it is so worth it for the piece of mind.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they did tell me to come see it. But yes I agree there are alot of questionable ads on there. I know some are puppy mills, but some are ads from a couple good reputable breeders that I know. Its just weeding through and finding the ones that have a normal website with personal info, pics, etc. telling about themselves. I am NOT going to get scammed, I promise you that! lol
I only plan on driving and seeing the pups, and parents and paying in person. I wouldnt ship or anything else weird. :]

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hmm, not someone I'd want to buy a pup from. Too much info that doesn't make any sense or add up. Weird!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts