Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it was ok. Jasper (Maya's cousin and Peach's half brother) came over to play. We do this a lot and the dogs have a blast. I live on acreage so they run and run and run. I will say that it was weird without Maya because they all sort of didn't know what to do. She was clearly the little ring leader in this play time. Also, Jasper and her were constantly battling for who was lead dog so they would growl, wrestle, run and run, stop and drink, sit for a while and repeat. Peach, Bruiser and Jasper had fun though and it was a beautiful day. So, the dogs are tired, I was able to have a little fun with them and although weird, it was ok. So, another step forward.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw hon I bet that was hard without Maya but she would want you all to still have fun. I'm glad you went along with the playdate still and yes it is definitely another step forward. *hugs*

·
Registered
602 Posts
GLad you could see this day as a positive and not a negative. you are such a strong and amazing person!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better. (((((Hugs)))))

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I know that must have been hard, but something you needed to do. I'm glad you were able to feel a little bit of happiness if only for a little while. It will get easier with time. Hugs to you!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, all. I actually did laugh and got a good workout when jasper (7 months) found a rib bone that had fallen out of the garbage. He couldn't believe his good fortune, but we needed to get that back from him and he was not a good boy about listening. We ran around the house up and down and had to cut him off at the pass. Good thing his owner is only 24 as I was about done with that. He thought it was quite the game. Damn dog. LOL The one good thing was that he did let Shannon take the bone without even a growl or peep. He just thought, "Wow, this stick (they are always finding sticks to fight over) is the best stick EVER!"
So, I did laugh at that. Then Peachy found a cupcake wrapper and they were chasing each other for that. Silly dogs. So it was ok mostly. Just some difficult moments. Thanks all again.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would bet its less than easy, but you are taking the right steps. No one would blame you if you laid in bed and just were sad for 2 months either though, so don't rush yourself.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so glad you was able to have fun.It will get better with time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts