Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and here it is. Other than being a little long, it came out alright. I won't be going into business any time soon! :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oooooh! I love it! Good job! How long did it take? I am not much with a sewing machine :-(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
It's really nice! Good job! :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
What a great job, I so wish I could sew. But I don't even have a sewing machine. I am jealous of all the talented people.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
What a great job, I so wish I could sew. But I don't even have a sewing machine. I am jealous of all the talented people.
It's really not hard at all and starting out with a simple machine is really easy:)All you have to do to make simple blankets for example is just cut the piece and sew around the edges in a straight line. Thats a good thing to start out with and some of the Easy-sew patterns are very easy to understand and follow.
You should try:):) It would be fun!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all! You're so kind. :)

Oooooh! I love it! Good job! How long did it take? I am not much with a sewing machine :-(
Just a couple hours. The actual sewing is the quick and easy part. Figuring out how the item is made (I didn't have a pattern--I just looked at the ones others have made) took a while. Measuring and cutting the material is the time-consuming part!

It's really not hard at all and starting out with a simple machine is really easy:)All you have to do to make simple blankets for example is just cut the piece and sew around the edges in a straight line. Thats a good thing to start out with and some of the Easy-sew patterns are very easy to understand and follow.
You should try:):) It would be fun!
I concur, Dazy Mae. Sewing is just like anything--it takes practice. I don't do anything complicated even now. Every time I make something (and this time was no exception), I screw something up and have to re-do it! That's just part of the process with me apparently!

Again, thank you all!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hey....I think it's great!!! I always figure the first is a prototype hee hee! It's been a long time since I made any more of my pillow snuggle sacks, thank goodness I made a pattern and instructions only I would probably understand them lol!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
WOW! YOU did an awesome job! That is soo cute too! I just recently fell in love with sewing a few months back which I never knew I could do LOL so I don't have a sewing machine yet, but I really really want one and when I do I am going to TRY to make one too! This one really inspires me to give it a try at least! You did soo well on it! It's cute and the colors are awesome! :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Looks like you did a great job! That's my first after the holidays project, and if it turns out, I'm sure my kids will keep me busy for quite some time making them for their dogs!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Congrats in your first one. It looks so lovely and if you didn't say its your first one I wouldn't have notice. Very good job.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
It's beautiful,i'm no good but i know a girl that is !going to ask my dear friend to make Lily and the new puppy one

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
That is REALLY nice!

(I'm too lazy to go through every post, so I'm sorry if it's been asked lol) Did you use a regular pillow for the bottom part or did you stuff it? I've been wanting to try making something like that and can't figure out what I should do lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts