Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DON'T hate them because when your on the freeway they seem to pop out of nowhere and scare the living daylights out of you, or that the riders seem to think they own the streets. But I DO hate them because they are so dangerous to the riders on them. I had a friend who died about a year and a half ago, he was riding down a street late at night, hit a dip went flying and smaked into a tree and died of internal bleeding. Unfortunately no one saw him til it was to late, he was only nineteen and had just come back from Iraq. Now I just got a call my manager got in an accident, but luckily it was only a few scrapes and a swollen foot. Geez and now my brother wants to get one. Yea right like I'm going to let that happen, I'm older so I can tell him what to do. Sorry ladies, so much adrenaline running through my body of concern.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My daughter's father-in-law died in a motorcycle accident last November. He was only in his 50's. :cry:

Tucker is terrified of the sound that they make and won't stay outside whenever they come within a couple of blocks from our house. He starts jumping at the gate and panicking until I pick him up and bring him inside the house. :roll:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could imagine Seiah would do the same thing. My friend wants to take Seiah on his bike with him to a meetup. Yea right!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My husband wants a motorcycle, but I told him as long as he's married to me, he won't get one. He has a wife and 2 kids that need him. A couple years ago, Florida passed the "No helmet required" to ride a motorcycle. This was about the dumbest thing the state could have done. The number of fatalities have gone on... geeeh, I wonder why. Not to mention, if an individual in a car is involved in an accident with a motorcyclist, regardless of whose fault it is and the motorcyclist dies, the car driver has to live with that for the rest of their life even though it was the motorcyclists decision to not wear a helmet. All the military bases in Florida still require that military personnel where a helmet.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
my uncle rides. i'm not for it, cause you could ahve the most careful driver on a bike but those around you may not be. i don't worry about his driving i worry about others. :?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luvmypuppet said:
my uncle rides. i'm not for it, cause you could ahve the most careful driver on a bike but those around you may not be. i don't worry about his driving i worry about others. :?

EXACTLY!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I am totally against the NO helmet thing. GEEZ come on people!! :evil: what are they thinking when they pass those laws :?:

·
Registered
795 Posts
My boyfriend has had a motorcycle since he was 15, he's grew up with them all his life. He took courses to better his ability to drive them and a type of defensive motorcycling class. He's great at it, though i am really scared he'll get one later when we get married. He was telling me about it, and he said he's heard this saying for years, "If you drive a motorcyle, its not if you get in an accident, its when and how bad." Which of course made me more calm about him getting a motorcycle...:? He thinks it stupid not wearing a helmet, that I'm thankful for that! :) And like what was said above I trust him but not other people.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My manager also rides like everyone is out there to get her, but sometimes you just can't be too safe. Just to anyone who rides be safe out there!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts