Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have had this problem...............i dunno what to do?
My 5 month old Doby wants to go poo everywhere.....now....I had trained him to go on newspaper....he has a corner in the kitchen and a corner in my room downstairs...now he was doing really well for about 2 months now...going pee and poo and the paper....and i have to work longer days 9:00 to 5:00, so i started letting him out of the crate ....few weeks of that and he was doing awesome..going on the newspaper..he wouldnt even go poo downstairs after he wakes up in the morning....he would run out of my room after i feed him and go do it upstairs. But now, for a week and a half...he's been lazy and pooping in certain corners!! pee'd once on the bathroom carpet this morning...that better not be starting too.... and so I can't do nothing...just in the morning when i have time....I watch him and he goes where hes supposed to...i guess he figures im not home and he doesnt get praised..........or i let him loose too early of age...to have free run of the house...but he was doing so well...what to do??? Our fence will be going up soon, so he can go outside....ill have to train him to do that........or should he have one bathroom box downstairs....cause he'll need something once winter starts.....but i want this laziness to stop, my brother isnt liking it too much......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Felony kind of does the same thing she pee and poo on her paper and do this little happy dance afterwards at night she'll have to poo and she'll go right in front of the bedroom door! I don't have any idea why, I've try a lot of different things but she still does it! I wish I had the answer but I don't.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Doby is probably starting to teeth and for some reason it seems to affect where they want to go. Marcus had to have some reminders for a couple of weeks at 5 months when he started teething and if I remember correctly so did Bendi. Luckily it doesn't last too long.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have a book that says at 5 or 6 months they hit the "teenage" years and start to do what they haven't done since they were puppies, they seem to forget what to do so to speak...the rebelious stage, one moment they'll get it right and the next they won't...even if they have been doing great..it mentions to stay persistent...stick with the schedule you have kept him/her on and they will outgrow it...

:wink:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
thanks tinker :wink: cosmo is doing that too !!! normally he is fully potty trained but the last few weeks he's pooing on different places .....
he's teething says our vet ...so it may well be cause of this !!

kisses nat

·
Registered
48 Posts
Something I noticed was key here; You stated you started working longer hours, believe it or not when you start to work more dogs notice, and they get mad. So they rebel. If dogs feel like they aren't getting enough attention they will pee and poo in the house. It's an attention thing, come to think of it it's alot like a child.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts