Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this website: wizardofclaws.com - which has Chihuahuas and alot of other breeds for sale... They are outrageous!!!!!! They have a Chihuahua on there that is $8,000. She is 3 months old and only weighs .6 oz!! Then they have a tiny Yorkie for $10,000!!!!! Geez, I can't imagine anyone paying that much for a puppy - maybe Paris or something, but really!!!!

Then they have there "Mixed Breeds for Sale" - they have all these mixed breeds that they are selling for crazy amounts - one is a Yorkie - Chinese Crested - here is there comments "unbelievable gorgeous - weird looking puppy which makes him even cuter - gorgeous face" - for $ 1,500 - YIKES

Am I the only one who thinks this is CRAZY! Sorry, just thought I would share....

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
No, you aren't the only one who thinks it is crazy. I've seen that site, and their prices are unbelieveable. They actually do have a lot of celebreties buy from them, among them a couple of Nascar drivers, actors, etc.

Have you seen the site - Texas Teacups.com? That is where Tinkerbell came from, and they have a waiting list for that bloodline - charge something like $12,000. for a puppy from Tinkerbell's bloodline. Can't remember the exact price-just remember that it was ridiculous.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wizard of Claws is what is known as a puppy broker. In otherwords they are the middle man between the buyer and the puppy mills, thats why they can advertise having some many available puppies. If you do enough searching, you can find countless lawsuits against these folks for misrepresentation and selling sick animals. Sad very very sad, not to mention that most if not all the dogs on that site don't even come close to representing their breed types including the chihuahua's! :(

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
wizard of claws is a dressed up version of a puppymill. I can't look at there site because it makes me wanna cry...and why would they call any puppy weird looking??? :cry:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yes I've seen it. I think it's terrible...those poor little dogs! :cry:

I actually stumbled onto some sort of blog one time while surfing the net and a person was venting, saying that wizard of claws had sold them a puppy and a month later it died from a heart conditionor something that they had no idea about, and when they tried to get in contact with wizard of claws, they were ignored. True puppy mill characteristics... :evil:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
.6oz at 3 months.. I wonder how malnurtioned she is?

I couldn't or wouldn't pay that much for a pup.... I think they need to have them all taken away and they need to be shut down...

·
Registered
5 Posts
i actually went to this place. it's in south florida where i used to live, but when i went in they said it was by appointment only. i knew right then they'd charge an arm and a leg and i never went back...most of the pet shops in s.fla are like that though...crazy

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
This is what really upsets me, I dont understand why people want them so small everytime I think about what happened to Nemo and how at heart he thought he was so much bigger. With me I never agreed with the whole "teacup" thing but I bought Nemo because he was from champion bloodlines and from a reputable breeder. If any of these tiny pups are like Nemo they wouldn't want to spend their lives being carried everywhere and never allowed to play ball, or walk in the park. He would get so angry when I carried him when we were out and he wanted to be put down so he could walk, He may have looked like a teddy but he was all dog.

The prices they are charging are rediculous these little pups are prone to health problems due to their stature if anything people should be charged less so they have more money if there is a veterinary emergency.

As for texas teacups the place makes me feel sick I once e-mailed Becky out of curiousity to see if she would ship a tiny teacup to the uk (I wanted to see if she was that desperate for money that she'd pup the pups health at risk) and she said she would now come on how is that someone who care's about dogs those pups are tiny and she shps them at 6-8 weeks in a crate!! Also if you find the photos of the parents of these pups they are so small they look like puppies themselves.

All these puppy mills make me feel sick at least we dont have this in the UK yet well not the click on a photo pay with paypal and they ship a puppy to your door, I'd never buy a puppy without seeing the mother and the KC is trying to put a stop to all puppies being sold in pet stores as part of the new animal welfare act personally am all for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Small breeders are definitely the way to go. Breeders that are only breeding a few dogs for the love of the breed.

These other places are too sketchy. Especially $8,000 over the internet. No security for the buyer or the puppy being shipped.

And have you seen http://tiny.azpuppies.com ? One of those click here to pay with PAYPAL! And when any holiday comes up they have a sales pitch about buy your puppy now for Xmas/Easter/Mother's Day/4th of July/Valentine's Day - they went all out on the pitches for Xmas/Vday/MomDay. Sick.

One of the breeder's I bought from said she would refuse some people to buy dogs and wouldn't sell on the net because she thought "how can you buy a puppy without looking into it's eyes/it your eyes and just knowing it's the one"? She denied people buying dogs before because she didn't think they were the right one for the dog.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts