Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just LOVES it...i've never seen him chow down on food before like he did when i gave it to him. i had to drive 12 miles one way just to get to the nearest store where they sell it, but it was well worth it. i bought a bag of the Super5Mix chicken, 2 cans of the sweet potato and chicken, and a greenie. the lady who owns the store was super nice, she gave us a little bag of natural lamb treats for chico, and also this spiral looking thing (i think she said it was a cow tendon or something) and it's totally digestible, for free. i also got a discount card, so i will definitely be going back there for his dog food.

my cats are trying to eat his food and play with his greenie and cow tendon thing and he's getting so mad...lol. he is chewing on one thing and laying on the other so they can't get it. :lol:

well, the next time i go to that store, the lady said she wants me to bring chico because she just loooves chihuahua's and she really wants to see him.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good for you..an Chico!! You should take some photos of him with his new *treat* and post it. I bet he looks adorable keeping it from thos kitties! :lol:

Glad you found some great food that he likes....and sounds like a great place to get it from too.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll hook up my web cam and try to post some pics of him with his greenie, but unfortunately he already devoured his spiral, tendon thingie...lol he is a little pooper when it comes to his "rawhide" type things. wont let ANYONE near him when he has them. :lol:

its a long way to that store, but yes, its a great store and well worth the trip. but, the good thing, is that by september we'll live very close to the store because we just bought a house near there. :)

also, i hope they make greenies for cats, because my kittie Gizmo has taken a liking to chico's, and chico is NOT happy about it..lol.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'd love to see more pics too, your dog is SO cute! =) Careful to wash you hands after touching the rawhide though as they carry salmonella and other nasty bacteria (even Petco displays a warning for this in the isle). I actually know someone who got it from one! Ever since then I never buy them, but try and warn people who still do.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ilovesadie said:
I'd love to see more pics too, your dog is SO cute! =) Careful to wash you hands after touching the rawhide though as they carry salmonella and other nasty bacteria (even Petco displays a warning for this in the isle). I actually know someone who got it from one! Ever since then I never buy them, but try and warn people who still do.
I always see those warnings on rawhides and such, but never new why they were there. i was totally cluless about the salmonella until just now, thanx for the warning. :) i just got back from wal-mart, i got chico one of those big, fluffy pillow like dog beds...the cats like it more than chico! i will definitely post more pics of chico, i just have to get my web cam hooked up and i gotta see if my scanner still works. i got a whole roll of film waiting to be developed, mostly of chico and my kitties. i'll post some pics of him from my dogster page though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaww, thank you so much Armando. When i saw gizmo with his paw around chico like that, i HAD to snap the pic...it was just to cute. these kitties are his best friends, he'd be totally lost w/o them.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I was all set to give you a hard time about not posting more pics, til I saw that last one of Chico and Gizmo. Now all I can do is sit here and smile. :)

I love Chico's ears! They really give him character. I would still like them if they stood straight up but I love how they flop over on top. :lol:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i love chico's ears. when he was just tiny little puppy, his ears were flopped way more than they are now, and i always said "i hope they stay flopped like that." well, i got my wish!

as he got older, they started to stand up more, but they still have that little "bent" look, which i just love on him. if his ears were straight up, i think he could pass AKC standards. :) but i agree, they do give him character.

i'm glad you like the one of him and gizmo...thats one of my favorites. i just wish i had gotten a front shot of them, but as soon as they heard that "click" on the camera, they woke up and moved out of that position.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yup, same here...i tried going to the dogster.com main page, and its blank, they're probly having a problem with the site...it happened last week too. :( same thing happens when i click on lily's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts