Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped Chloe off for her spay! They're going to do her early since she's so little, so we don't have to worry about her sugar. I made sure to tell them to NOT feed her anything and I brought my own can of Fromm. My baby isn't eating any Science Diet!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
oh, thats great that they are doing her surgery early. then maybe you'll get to take her home alittle earlier too :) . i wish little Chloe a speedy recovery !!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is done with surgery. She got out about 9:30. She did great! She got spayed, microchipped, and a retained baby tooth was pulled. I get to pick her up at 4:30. I can't wait to get her! When they were taking her back she was trying to get out of the vet techs arms to get to me. It was so sad!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well! Did they use regular stitches or the ones that dissolve on their own? Hope she recovers quickly, when lola got spayed, she came home and wanted to run around like nothing happened!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was told she won't have any external stitches at all. But we'll see when I pick her up. Tiffany told me that they told her the same thing, but Miya's skin was too thin. This has been the longest day waiting to pick her up! I've been working a whole lot lately, and I was nervous about Chloe. So my sweet boyfriend got me a massage which I'm going to in a little bit. I also got a pedicure and a haircut to try to keep my mindoff of the wait as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're home! Chloe was awake and she was so excited to see me when I picked her up form the vet. I can already tell she's going to milk this for all it's worth though! haha She does have stitches, but they are the dissolvable kind. I let her drink some water and we're going to try some food in a little bit.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gave her some canned Fromm. She seemed to really like it, but she only ate about half of what I offered her. I gave her two heaping teaspoon fulls. I don't know what is the normal amount though for canned food since she usually eats dry. I will probably offer her some again later.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
How sweet of your boyfriend to get a massage for you! I've never had one, but I bet they are amazing. I'm too creeped out about having a stranger touch my back, lol. I'm weird! I think I would be struggling not to laugh the whole time as well, especially if it was silent. Silence always results in uncontrollable laughter for me.

I know I'll be total wreck when Gemma's getting spayed, but I think my boyfriend will just get mad at me for freaking out so much, lol.

Glad to hear Chloe is all well. That's great that she even ate a little. I bet within 24 hours she going to barely act like anything happened!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts