Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the grocery store this morning to buy a few things. There were several people there that I passed in the aisles that had children with them and their kids were behaving nicely. Maybe I should preface this with the fact I don't like children....

Anyway, I started down one aisle and there was a woman with two boys, probably around 4 and 6 years of age. I got what I needed and started to pass by them when the younger boy kicked me pretty hard in the shin!! He had a toy gun with him - once he kicked me, he aimed his gun and shot me at point-blank range. The older boy laughed and kicked me in the same location as his brother had.

Even though my first reaction was to pick them both up and throw them about 20 feet, I stopped and looked up at the mother who had seen the entire exchange. She seemed unimpressed and looked away.

I said "hey lady ... your kids just kicked me!" She just looked at me and said "oh, get over it. It's not like they hurt you." :shock:

I told her that if she couldn't control her children, she shouldn't bring them to the grocery store to attack the shoppers. She didn't even look at me but her youngest son did kick me again, this time in the other shin.

I grabbed him by the arms, got down on his level and asked him if he wanted me to kick him back. (I had that scary "mother look" on my face too.) The woman grabbed me, yanked me up and said "Don't you lay a hand on my children!!" By then, the manager showed up and threw her out of the store. Seems I wasn't the only shopper her children assaulted today.

I completely understand that people have to shop at stores and they have to take their kids with them. The fact that I don't want to see their kids isn't their fault. But what I don't understand is how people don't expect or require their kids to behave themselves in a reasonable manner, then become offended when you become offended at their kids' behavior when it is completely offensive.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i have bad reflexes i really would have smacked the kids i love kids i wanna have alot but i hate kids that are raised like that im 100% sure those kids will be in jail by the age of 15 !!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I used to like kids until I had so many undisciplined kids in my chair....
I cann't believ there are more people out there that have undsciplined kids then there are that have disciplined kids....

I HATE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I love mine.... they are disciplined and expected to treat people with the best manners they have... I believe in please and thank you and excuse me... and if my children don't use them I get mad....

Amanda is the best kid around for telling people thank you....

The thing I like about her most is that she will see some body in the store that looks like they need help with something and she will help them with out being asked... she has always been like this...

Cooper, I would have not only havekicked the kid in the shin... I would have kicked the mother... but then again... I am the one that got fired from a job once for telling the mother of a very uncontrolled kid that I would not finish his hair cut(I was half way done) because he was so out of control that I cut myself 3 times..... and that he was just plain rude....

She told me off and left with her kid... then she called the shop and asked for the manager... told the manager that she was going to sue the shop because I was out and out rude... well, I stood up for myself and got fired.... oh well, I hated that job anyway....

the funniest part of the whole thing is that everybody that was in the shop at the time saw and heard what was going on and this lady that brought her 5 very well, behaved children in was there and saw and heard everything.. They had gotten all their hair cuts done and they left... about 2 hours later when the manager came in she came back... asked to speak to the manager and told her what she had herd and saw.... I wonderful lady said very nice things about me and the way I always treated her kids. (she always had me do the whole families hair) the manager said that she was sorry but I had been let go... the lady got very upset and told the woman that she would take her family else where and she left....

in the mean timeI found another job and 6 months went by. when I walked into work one day and saw this lady and her 5 wonderful children sitting there... I couldn't believe my eyes.. I walked up to her and started talking with her.. she said it took her 6 months but she finally found me... she had called every shop in the are and the surrounding areas until she found me... and her kids had very long hair by that time.. they told her that they wouldn't go any where else....

So Cooper.. I found that for every 5 bad kids there are 1 very wonderful kids....

I am so glad the lady got kicked out...

sorry this is so very long...

·
Registered
897 Posts
I HATE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I love mine.... they are disciplined and expected to treat people with the best manners they have... I believe in please and thank you and excuse me... and if my children don't use them I get mad....
I am the same way. I love my kids but can't stand other people's kids. LOL Seems like these days parenting standards have gone straight into the toilet and it never fails to infuriate me. I REFUSE to go to places like Chuckie Cheese or other places that allow kids to just run wild. I tend to scold other people's kids more than I ever have to scold my own. It's ridiculous.

As for the case with these two boys, I would have first scolded the kids (although I can guarantee they won't care) and then rip the mother's head off. I CANNOT STAND "parents" like that!!!!!!!!!!! Parents need to take responsibility for EVERYTHING their child does. If they don't want that responsibility, then they have no business having kids! :evil:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y'all have completely described how I feel about children. If your kids behave themselves, then I don't mind them being around - I just don't want them running up to me and bothering ME. Those that do misbehave and are corrected by their parents ... I don't mind them either, as long as they listen. But the ones that run around like wild dogs, terrorizing everyone and everything that crosses their path... I just want to slap their parents into next week.

My mother wouldn't have tolerated behavior like that and I certainly didn't tolerate it when I was a teacher... it's no wonder why teachers are always stressed out people - they should be paid at least 10X what they get paid now for having to deal with all that crap.

I actually had a very good idea once. You know how when you go to a restaurant, there's the smoking and non-smoking sections? They should add one more ... diners with children and those without. That way people without children - who might even be parents that wanted to get away from their kids and have a nice, quiet dinner - wouldn't have to sit next to a table with a screaming baby or crazy child. I think it's brilliant. Too bad no one does it.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I actually had a very good idea once. You know how when you go to a restaurant, there's the smoking and non-smoking sections? They should add one more ... diners with children and those without. That way people without children - who might even be parents that wanted to get away from their kids and have a nice, quiet dinner - wouldn't have to sit next to a table with a screaming baby or crazy child. I think it's brilliant. Too bad no one does it.
I totally agree

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I hope I can have kids like Amanda!! :lol:

I'm like you all...I'm not very fond of other people's kids and won't try to make friends with them UNLESS they make the first move BUT I enjoy making my own neice and nephews laugh and I like to make my nephews run little races and everything :lol:

I hope if I ever do have kids, I'll be a good mom. To be honest, if I do have kids...they're only gonna be around my family about twice a month because some of my family members have a mouth on them! :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would have grabbed that woman by the throat and given her my two cents. People who cant "train" their kids to behave shouldn't be allowed to have kids period. They should be thrown in jail.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:sad3: I STRONGLY DISLIKE NAUGHTY kids .... :wink: which might get me in a pickle later on...but kids these days are just horrible..and I don't understand how mothers let them step on them like garbage... :?

This lady at the supermarket had 3 or 4 kids and they were shopping..apparently they are regulars and they call them the devil kids..they go around the store like a hurricane...they open products, yell, cry, go into people's carts..and the mother does ABSOLUTELY nothing...well, at least she's use to paying for all the damage..she had to pay for a couple of cat food cans one of her kids opened..they don't have a cat :roll: ...and she just lets it all happen. :roll:

P.S. :D I would have threatened to sue them for assault. :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
The word hate has been offensive to others in the past, so can we please stop using that..............HATE is an awful word anyway!!!!!!
isnt HATE what is making this world the horrible place that it is.

Of course NOBODY likes misbehaved kids, I certainly dont like misbehaved adults either..................... :?
Please refrain from that word - and be realistic about your feelings.

Thank you :wave:

how about despise that is better and just as effective

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:roll: Oh, c'mon...make a list of the words you don't like..so that we never use them again ever...and put the H word :roll: on that little list you guys have so that it changes automatically... :D Is chicken insulting to anybody?? :D what happened to freedom of speech :D

DESPISE, to me is more insulting than hate. :?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Good lord! I know how you feel though, I used to looooove kids. I have been babysitting since I was 13. First with cousins and then with some friends of my parents. I loved their son so much that I was with him even when the parents could have easily taken him lol. He was probably the most well behaved child I had ever met. But recently, I have come to dislike (cause hate and despise are really powerful words in my opinion) any child that is not mine. They don't mind anymore!

My sisters boyfriend has a 12 yr old sister that I just can't stand and I want to smack her the minute she walks through the front door of my grandparents house. She throws fits...FITS...at 12 years old! She argues about everything! She even had the nerve to tell that it mill, petstore, byb, and reputable breeder puppies are all the same!! My sister told her to back off on that one. She didn't know what she was getting herself into lol. I almost left her there!! She walked into MY house one day and wasn't watching where she was going (knowing we have a small dog) and STEPPED on Lina. I just about hit the friggin' roof!! Then she argued with both me and my bf when we called her on it! She also tries to make MY son mind which REALLY ticks me off!! I don't mind someone telling him to be quiet if he's screaming around the house or telling him to share or whatever, but she actually thinks that if she tells him to sit on a chair and I tell him he can get up, that I'm in the wrong because SHE told him to sit down!! Sorry..got way off track there lol.

My son is a very well behaved little boy. Which surprises many people because he's 2 and he's a boy so you would think he'd be all over the place in a store. But he's not. He sits in the cart and waits for us to get done shopping. He talks to the people that pass by but if he ever hit one I swear he would never see the inside of a store again. I would also have been appologizing up and down to the person he hit. It's just amazing the way people raise thier kids these days.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Wow! Hate for children? Sorry, I said it before but I will say it again, I find that harsh. Lets not hate the children. If you are going to hate anyone hate the parent that are raising these children. I taught pre K and I have my children's friends come over from time to time. The friends that listen and respect what i say are allowed to come back, those that don't never step foot in my house again.
I think it's pretty horrible to keep stressing how much you hate children. Also, let me say, that I have 2 sons, they are 6 and 8. I too, do not like to go out to restraunts and be around others who children are not behaving well. Why should I suffer just b/c I have kids and be stuck w/ the idiots who do not know what they are doing? (I know you were speaking hypothetically Cooper, but still..).
I do not know why it bothers me so much to hear you all speak so freely about your hate for kids but it does. Next time can you title your post "hate for kids continues" and then next time I will be sure to not read! I mean seriously. I just think it's awful.
You all can flame me or whatever you want. it's not to often that I speak up about anything, but I find all this offensive.
Kelly

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Kelly said:
Wow! Hate for children? Sorry, I said it before but I will say it again, I find that harsh. Lets not hate the children. If you are going to hate anyone hate the parent that are raising these children. I taught pre K and I have my children's friends come over from time to time. The friends that listen and respect what i say are allowed to come back, those that don't never step foot in my house again.
I think it's pretty horrible to keep stressing how much you hate children. Also, let me say, that I have 2 sons, they are 6 and 8. I too, do not like to go out to restraunts and be around others who children are not behaving well. Why should I suffer just b/c I have kids and be stuck w/ the idiots who do not know what they are doing? (I know you were speaking hypothetically Cooper, but still..).
I do not know why it bothers me so much to hear you all speak so freely about your hate for kids but it does. Next time can you title your post "hate for kids continues" and then next time I will be sure to not read! I mean seriously. I just think it's awful.
You all can flame me or whatever you want. it's not to often that I speak up about anything, but I find all this offensive.
Kelly
:wink: Nobody should flame you is your opinion...but I guess NOW that there are people that take the word HATE too seriously...fine, I take it back..and I dislike kids...misbehaving, tongue sticking, people kicking, potty mouthed kids...and pity their parents for not teaching them better... :wink: :roll: Not ALL kids... :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Vala said:
:roll: Oh, c'mon...make a list of the words you don't like..so that we never use them again ever...and put the H word :roll: on that little list you guys have so that it changes automatically... :D Is chicken insulting to anybody?? :D what happened to freedom of speech :D

DESPISE, to me is more insulting than hate. :?
I think despise is much stronger than hate. Afte despise comes abhor.

I don't much like kids either, though I've known many who were a joy to be around. As for the two kids in the market with Cooper's mom, they both need a beating and so does their mother. Frigging animals. :x

·
Registered
897 Posts
Fine... edited my previous reply. Don't want to offend anyone. :wave:

I will say this though... it isn't just the H word that makes this world a horrible place... it is people that have so little respect for others and a complete lack of common courtesy such as the mother mentioned in the original post.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I think despise is much stronger than hate. Afte despise comes abhor.
:? I totally agree with you..those two words I would only use on somebody who really deserved the H WORD 100 times over.

:roll: edited my post too. :roll:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discipline and teaching respect for others obviously does begin in the home and undisciplined, unruly children are growing up to be just like their parents or worse. A friend of mine lives in a house which backs on to the local primary school playground and she says the foul language she sometimes hears coming from some of the little children is really appalling! :shock:

When we used to take our children visiting, if there were no children or toys there for them to play with, they used to come up to me and whisper in my ear "Can we please go home now, Mummy - we're bored." They knew they had to respect other peoples' property and not be a nuisance, etc.

Maybe they need to ban unruly children from supermarkets, etc. and allow chi's in instead. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't hate kids ... I just don't want to be around them, especially if their parents don't correct them for improper behavior in public ... or in private, for that matter. I don't think that's offensive or rude. It's just the way I am.

I do realize that when you see a child out of control and creating havoc, it's a direct result of the parent or parents not taking the time to properly socialize and care for their kids and, believe me, I always want to punt the parents before the kids. I spent enough years teaching to learn that lesson. It's unfortunate that their shortcomings reflect more on their children than they do on themselves.

No offense, but I take offense to the fact that just because I don't like being around kids offends some people. I don't like broccoli either and I hope no one wouldn't find that offensive as well. I would never judge someone on the fact they do or don't want children and I have respect for those that do - it's the hardest and most unselfish job in the world. I just have more respect for those that raise their children while respecting others they share the world with and teaching their children the same.

My point of the story really was that when I'm at the grocery store, I'd rather not be attacked by someone's kids. And if I am attacked, I'd appreciate it if their parent(s) disciplined them appropriately. If not, I'd like the freedom to strangle the parent(s).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.