Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fact that I just got 32 meals out of a beef roast for my little guys. I have another beef roast to cut up, but I figure one for now is plenty :) Now mind you almost one whole roast is a meal for Shellie my golden. I love portioning out food for the littles, it makes me feel like feeding raw is not expensive :) Now feeding it to a big dog can get costly. Still crossing fingers for freezer burnt meat score on craigslist or kijiji but so far no luck with my ad.....I'll be patient :) I also love the fact that when my hubby is ready my cats will be an easy transition to raw, 4 of the 5 stand at the ready when I'm cutting/chopping up meat, they LOVE getting tidbits. They love beef, pork, & chicken, but OMG they about went NUTSOID for the canned tripe I was portioning out for Zoey....holy cow! They LOVED it!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Wow...that's a lot of meals for the littles! :D I am so glad I don't have a big dog because you're right...it would be pretty pricey! My pups eat just under 1.5lbs of food a day which really isn't too bad! :)

Good idea about putting the ad on craigslist! I may have to look into that!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.5# is what Shellie my golden eats in a day! Then Zoey eats about 2 oz, Ziva eats about 3-4oz and Georgie 4-5oz. Just be careful with the wording, I used "homemade" diet as many people with flag the raw ones, or lecture you on the dangers of raw etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts