Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have some PEDIGREE puppy food (all brand new and sealed) but no puppy :cry:

Would anyone like to take it off my hands (no charge) just collection from NW London:

3 boxes of pedigree dried puppy food

3 packets of puppy tubos (treats)

6 sachets of puppy food (3x lamb and rice, 3x beef and rice)

Leena x

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Hi, yes im sure a rescue would be grateful,why dont you go dog rescue pages and ask. :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...i was thinking of that but my local shelter only use Burns.

I thought i'd see if there was any interest here.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Maybe a vet , my local vet has a bin for people to put in stuff for the local shelters etc :) ( the vet may also know a person who would be really greatful of the food :) )

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
At the SPCA here, if you bring in anything other than Purina Dog or Cat Chow, they use it in the treat bin so the animals aren't switching foods constantly.

I gave a homeless guy that had a dog with him a bag of dog food once (I was on my way to donate it to the shelter). I thought he was going to kiss me on the lips, he was so happy that his dog would be fed. I guess, if he got hungry enough, he could eat it too.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Cooper said:
At the SPCA here, if you bring in anything other than Purina Dog or Cat Chow, they use it in the treat bin so the animals aren't switching foods constantly.

I gave a homeless guy that had a dog with him a bag of dog food once (I was on my way to donate it to the shelter). I thought he was going to kiss me on the lips, he was so happy that his dog would be fed. I guess, if he got hungry enough, he could eat it too.
How thoughtful - see, you're an old softie just like I am. And you are right about him eating some of it himself. There was an article in our local paper here a few months ago about homeless people buying cheap dog food to eat themselves. That is really sad.... :(

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I know several homeless people that go to our coffee shop that have dogs. They don't go there to panhandle or beg... they go for the coffee and to hang out during the day.

As I've gotten to know them, I have found that their dogs are the most important "people" in the world to them and, most times, they will feed their dogs before they'll feed themselves. I always buy them a cup of coffee if they're there and I always carry treats in Cooper's baby bag to hand out. AND, if Cooper stops eating a bag of food that has a lot left in it, I'll usually take it up there and give it to them for their dogs. I just feel like they're doing the best they can for themselves and their dogs and don't ask for handouts, so I feel more inclined to help them.

Last year, I took all of their dogs (I think there were 6 dogs total) to the spay and neuter clinic and got everyone sterilized. I told them I wasn't doing it for them; I wanted to do it so their dogs didn't produce any more homeless dogs, so I did it for me. They were all excited to send me off with their dogs - they knew they were in good hands, they'd get a bath and good food - and they'd return healthier (since I also got them all vaccinated). The low-cost clinic was nice enough to do all that for about $150 for me AND they gave each dog a year's supply of flea preventative, their own bag of dog food and a couple food bowls for free.

It was a good feeling to do that for them without having to GIVE them something - they're proud people and I didn't want them to feel like I was giving them a handout. But they all know how much I love animals and they know I did it for their dogs, not for them.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

I will take it to my local PDSA in the weekend as they might want it.

Unless i see a homeless person with a dog first.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
lecohen said:
Thanks everyone!

LOL!!! I would give you a big hug if I could!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cooper said:
lecohen said:
Thanks everyone!

LOL!!! I would give you a big hug if I could!!! :lol: :lol:

:wave: I would give you and Cooper one too :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts