Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of little Lilo at Bark in the Park the other day. She's hard to get good pictures of since she only stays still for approximately 0.05 seconds at a time.

And one of Lilo and me!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's a rescue and they think she is about a year old. Her coat is looking better. When she was found by animal control wandering up the side of a road she didn't have any hair from months of neglect.

Thanks everyone!

Olivia

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone.

I know I'm a little biased but I think she's gorgeous! She is jet black, no tan anywhere. The only other color is the very tips of her back toes are white and she has a little bit of white on her lower chest but you can't really see it.

I just love this little dog!!

Olivia

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I know she's a rescue, but I don't know much else about her. How long have you had her?Did the rescue people name her Lilo or did you? BTW, I've heard that name pronounced two ways....Lee-lo and Ly-lo. Which pronunciation do you use? Other than her skin condition (and I'm assuming malnutrition) were there any other health issues? Did she appear to have been physically abused? Was she scared, withdrawn etc.

I ask, because both mine are rescues, by choice, so I have a particular interest. Curious if you've had to deal with some of the issues I have.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've had her almost a month. She came named Lilo by the rescue people. It's pronounced Lee-lo, like the character from Lilo and Stitch. She already knew her name and I thought it fit her nicely so I kept it.

She had worms and fleas when I got her and is still a little skinny but is otherwise in good health. I had my boss look her over and she checked out great. Her knees are solid, heart sounds good, bloodwork is good.

While she was obviously neglected she doesn't seem to every have been abused. She isn't scared of anything and has never been withdrawn. She came running out of her foster mom's house right up to me and jumped up for me to pick her up. Somehow she managed to get out of a bad situation with a great, solid temperament. I don't know how much to attribute to her early days and how much to good genetics.

Olivia

1 - 20 of 24 Posts