Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...just so I could make my baby this:

Taught myself to knit over the holidays. Truth be told, I have always wanted to learn, but Tilly needing a sweater was what pushed me to finally do it. Tried store bought ones, but she's shaped funny, like a greyhound, and has a tiny chicken neck but a big barrel chest. For any of you that knit, it's a great pattern. It tailor makes the sweater to your dog. You use your gauge and dog's measurements to calculate cast on stitches, increases, decreases, etc... Fits her like a glove but the ribbing (all around the edges, leg holes, neck, and even down through the chest) keeps things flexible. My baby stays nice and warm. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
she looks fantastic in her new sweater! you did a great job, I wish I could knit I have had heaps of friends try to teach me but I am unteachable :(

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That looks fantastic. I only know how to knit in a straight line, but I love to crochet. Seeing this beautiful sweater makes me want to learn to knit tho.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Great Job!!!!! I also just taught myself to knit and made Draco a sweater...mine does not have legs though...It is so much fun, I made an earwarmer for myself out of the extra yarn.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
How lovely! Both the sweater and the babies!! I LOVE her coloring!

Mine is so small still that I am having trouble finding things that fit snugly. If they are loose at all she flops around and bites and pulls at it! This one fits perfectly!

·
Registered
155 Posts
That looks great on her. I thought about learning so I can make Radley some sweaters, as all the store ones are either too girly or too big for him at the moment.
My mother is a dressmaker and she has already offered to make him a jacket to wear when we go for walks.
Do you have the pattern on email?
Lesley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts