Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice a year, we donate a few boxes of things to our Humane Society for their rummage sale. It was held last weekend and since we're avid bargain hunters we of course have to do see what deals we can find on different things too. (Everything they sell is donated so all the proceeds go straight to the humane society, so everything is priced extremely reasonable!)
The best was this bed, which all of the doggies (after washing of course lol) took quite a liking to. It was $3.00!

Also got one of those pink wire crates which I've always thought were cute, for $7 (Still in the box when I got it.)

We got a big wall tapestry to hang in the dogs playroom that we're working on. Our roommates are moving out (yay!!) so we'll have the house to ourselves now. Couldn't think of anything better to do with the other bedroom LOL. The tapestry is about 5 feet wide. It was $6.

On Sunday they have "Fill a bag for $1" sale; or a whole cart for $5. Their way to empty everything out so they don't have to pay to have it thrown out or find somewhere to store it; and since it's all donated anyway they're not at any loss and can still make a decent amount off it. It's usually picked over but you can still get a lot of neat stuff if you're there when the doors open (which my friends and I were, hehe). Most of the things I got that day were for me and my OH; but I did pick up one more dog bed and (I'm embarrassed to say this) some dog Snuggies. They were still in the box; and keep in mind I only had to pay $1.66 for my third of the cart and everything I put in it that day... I'm not sure that I could recommend paying full price for them at a store; but it will keep them warm I suppose lol.

It was a weekend of good deals; for a great cause!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
You got some awesome bargains! Love the pink crates! The snugglies are super cute.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Next time just let us all know ahead of time and we can all go together!! LoL Awsome deals you got! I have never even seen one of them crates in pink!! Too cute!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts