Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That is SOOOOO beautiful! What a talent! I have tried and tried. Too impatient my grandmother (who tried to teach me) always said!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is SOOOOO beautiful! What a talent! I have tried and tried. Too impatient my grandmother (who tried to teach me) always said!
Well, Thank yOU! It's actually pretty easy once you're showed. Wish I lived near you where I can show you. All you're really doing is making a bunch of knots. I find it so relaxing.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I wish I lived near you, too. You could try to test your patience and teach me and because my sweet granddaughter (oh, and her parents! ha!) lives in Brentwood/Nashville. My heart is in Tennessee!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I keep seeing cute crochet beanies and dresses. My rudementary skills lead to a crooked few rows and I give up. I stick to sewing lol. Do you knit too?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to know how to knit in a straightline, but wasn't interested in knitting. I didn't enjoy it as much as crocheting. I like the way knitted stuff feels better than crocheted stuff tho. I've got a brand new brother sewing machine in which I plan to learn & start making crocheted dress harnesses for Midgie. I really love the cute little dress harnesses better than plain harnesses.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gorgeous. my mum makes all size blankets etc and handbags to sell x
Thank you! I don't make a lot to sell as I don't have much time. My grandma & mother made most of the newborn sweater sets in my store. I've sold the ones I made & am currently completing one.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I crochet & knit too and yes, I believe it's very relaxing! I used to watch my grandma crochet all the time (I am 55 years old) and a few years ago I just decided to do it and basically taught myself with the help of some good teaching books. But I do think all those years of watching my grandma helped me a lot! Very pretty blanket you made!:D

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I crochet & knit too and yes, I believe it's very relaxing! I used to watch my grandma crochet all the time (I am 55 years old) and a few years ago I just decided to do it and basically taught myself with the help of some good teaching books. But I do think all those years of watching my grandma helped me a lot! Very pretty blanket you made!:D
Thank you! I became interested watching my moms always doing it. I didn't really get into until I learned how to make something useful. It is very relaxing & productive too. I enjoy crocheting when I'm watching t.v. I don't just like watching t.v. & doing nothing. If I didn't spend so much time in this forum (which I love & is addicting) I would have crocheted so many things. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts