Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
They look so happy playing! Very cute!

Since I also have a tiny adult girl Chi and am getting a boy puppy in a week I want any advice!! How long did you wait to introduce them? How much does he weigh compared to her? Do you think it woul be dangerous to put tiny baby with an adult? I'm not sure if I should wate a few weeks to introduce them or what!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BlueMo0nz said:
They look so happy playing! Very cute!

Since I also have a tiny adult girl Chi and am getting a boy puppy in a week I want any advice!! How long did you wait to introduce them? How much does he weigh compared to her? Do you think it woul be dangerous to put tiny baby with an adult? I'm not sure if I should wate a few weeks to introduce them or what!
as far as introducing them, i worked at my breeders for a bit (still do) so every day i'd bring chiwis snuggle bag and let him lay in it and smell her scent then when i got home i'd give it to chiwi and she'd smell him. so i think that helped me a lot. when i brought him home i just put him on the floor and that was that, instant friends. juma is 9 weeks old an weighs 2.2 pounds, chiwi is almost 9 months old and weighs 2.9 pounds so they are about the same size.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BlueMo0nz said:
Thanx! My concern is that right now my little boy is 14 ounces at 9 weeks (I get him at 10-11 weeks) So he is less than a 1/3 of Amber's size right now. I think for the first few weeks I will put in a blanket that smells like Amber.
the older ones generally realize they are smaller and more fragile but accidents happen.... there was a 5 pound puppy (same age) when i had chiwi at 1.6 pounds and 12 weeks and i didn't let them play with each other just sniff each other and sit next to each other.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
my older chi actually does well with smaller dogs so when i introduce the younger one she was actually excited to have someone of her own to play with.Pearl was 1.3 lbs. at 7 weeks and Princess 1 1/2 year old at 7 lbs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts