Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mummy says that spring is here dis week.. i am LUBBING dis sunshine.. i likes to lay outside in its, and plays out in it wiv my mummy and my toys.. i been pulling one of mummy's bushes apart but she says its dead and she's gotta dig it up.. i likes to dig it up for her i finks!!

Anyways mummy keeps putting the shiney picture taker in my face for you's all. She says you's all like to see how pwetty i am and how much i'm growing.

Dis hots stuff is better than the colds white stuff (mummy put my puppia on.. i's still walks out of it tho)

I smells the spring air

I's feeling a little sleepy in dis sunshine

I lubs dis sunshine

Dis is the life.. a furry rug and a wubba and the sunshine

I moved my toys to the sunshine

GIVE ME THE SUNSHINE ITS MINE!!! I LUB IT

Peas can i play outside mummy

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I sit for fish sticks today.. they were NUMMY

Seee i lick my lips for more fish stick.. num num num

Mummy.. is the fish over dere?? i like some peas

I hopes you alls like my pictures and you's all got dis sunshine tooo

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.. she is lovely.. not that i'm biased or anything.. and she is getting HUGE now.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG she is an actual nightmare ha ha ha.. She'll walk if its somewhere interesting or on grass.. hates the pavement with a passion.. we're doing walking on a loose lead at obedience class and she walked like she's been walking on a lead for years in front of everyone i take her out when we get home and she lays flat on her tummy and won't budge an inch!!!

Did Billy walk easily.. iwas gonna post asking everyone when their dogs started enjoying going for a walk because i'm pretty sure daisy doesn't enjoy all the time.. i think we've had 3 walks she loved the rest i've had to coax her the entire time and i sound like a pratt walking down the street going come on baby good walking you're doing soooo well in a v high pitched voice.. Shame on me!!!

Its a shame you live at the other end of the country we could both walk along with our pups refusing to move hahahaahahaha x

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
[

Its a shame you live at the other end of the country we could both walk along with our pups refusing to move hahahaahahaha x[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha now that would be funny!! I would love someone else with a chi to go walkies with.

Yeah billy was fine on the lead right from the start. Pixie is the most stubborn little thing i have ever known. Its either he way or NO way!! lol x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah billy was fine on the lead right from the start. Pixie is the most stubborn little thing i have ever known. Its either he way or NO way!! lol x
I think its because they're girls.. they're princesses and act like it.. The trainer said its normal for little dogs to not enjoy walking as puppies as its a total marathon for their little legs.

I think she'd be up for it first thing in the morning but its impossible before the school run and by then she's ready for her morning nap!! Some days i take her to pick Abi up and she'll walk around the road to the school but then gets tired and starts shaking (ha ha ha poor thing) so gets carried to wait.. She can't walk back to the car because its soooo busy she'd get trodden on by the kids!

How much did Pixie weigh at her last jab? Daisys a little chunky monkey now at 2.9lbs.. Vet still thinks she'll be around 4 1/2lbs but i dunno.. her little legs are starting to grow quite long now but you can't tell how skinny she is until she's wet because she's just all fur!! i swear her fur weights 1 lb hahaha x

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
She was 740g which i think is just over 1 1/2 lbs. On the chart it says she will be about 4 1/2 lbs, but i dont know how accurate it is. Shes 11 weeks today. How many weeks is daisy now? Is she good with the obiedience yet. Billy is quite good but pixie again is only interested in doing whatever she can to get her reward which is usually trying to climb up my legs!! Its sooo hard when they are tiny!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daisy was 15 weeks yesterday. They're approx the same size as she was around that weight at that age.. then she put on loads in 2 weeks and then slowed down again.. i can't keep up with the growth

She's doing really well.. I started trying to teach her at home a few weeks ago.. when i first started she was about 10 weeks and all she did was jump up me to get to the treat so i gave up until she calmed down a bit. I don't know how on earth i'll teach her the 'down' command and i've tried and she gets up from sitting and walks forward to the treat rather than laying down!! We've also got 'shake' down to a t although she just wants to shake your hand all the time hahahahahahaah

We've (by we i mean me lol) taught her to come on command too and that took all of 2 minutes and now she does it every time!! Amazing..

Does Pixie attack everyones face with her tongue? it does my head in.. i'm trying to stop her from licking everyone so vigourously all the time because not everyone likes it and she gets to the point that she's putting her tongue up peoples noses its disgusting.. so trying to teach her enough is enough is v hard coz she just wants to show love ha ha ha ha she's funny!!

One good thing is she's not a barker.. she only barks when she's playing nothing else!!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
;)What a sweetie ! Love your pictures and the captions too. She will do proper walkies--eventually.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She is such an Angel! Don't they just adore that warm Sun. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope she enjoys walkies at some point.. i need the exercise lol

Lol she has to enjoy it now because we don't get a lot in england hahahahaha!!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Well I just took Pixie out the front, we have a lovely big field to play on. She will not walk on her lead! But on the plus side, she walks great off it!! lol.

She dosent lick much yet, billy does tho. up your nose, in your ears, if hes quick enough even in your mouth! Its gross!

I will persivere with this lead walking tho. By the end of the week we will master it (hopefully) lol x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She wiill get there.. eventuallyh. We have a massive field out the back but i won't let Daisy off the lead coz of all the other dogs.. Ah Billy and Daisy have the same problem then.. its disgusting.

She has just found that if she barks at birds they fly away.. ha ha ha she's peering through my neighbours fence barking at the birds!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
awwww she's so adorable! :) Not to worry, she will eventually walk on the lead. You just have to be persistant with it hehehe, DO NOT pick her up lol With my first dog Rosa what I used to do is carry her down the street to the end of our block and then put her down because she always walked BACK home lol never away from, but always back TO, so that got her used to walking on the leash. With my last dog Luna, she was more persistant *cough* stubborn lol I tried the walk back home thing and it wasn't so successful with her. I had to just turn my back on her and walk, leaving her no choice what so ever to follow me. I didn't stand there with my cutesy voice and plead with her to come with me lol I just simply said "come on Luna, this way" and turned my back and walked, and at first, yes, tugging her along lol BUT it worked and she learned that she was going to walk weather she liked it or not so it became a non issue lol and now all these months later, she LOVES her walks and trots along no problem at all :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone.

Rache i'm hoping she doesn't yap all the time.. she's generally very very quiet other than to wake me up in the morning, if she needs the loo and i'm out the room or a general protest but its always whining and not barking.. Will see if the birds become a constant thing.. Oh and she growls at her own reflection ha ha ha ha

Tracilea.. I don't even use her name i just say come on (in happy voice) eventually she trots just can take some time after lots of sniffing.. although because everything is new i let her spend some time sniffing just to get use to stuff.. i also praise her when she does start trotting.. she will get there eventually, some days she loves it others she doesnt.. although she does get v excited when her harness comes out and i dont know why ha ha ha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts