Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all set to get the girl because I've always had girls. I went to look and fell in love with the cream boy. He's not ready to come home yet, I have to wait a few more weeks. Now my question for those with 100 or 99% housetrained dogs, how did you do it? What do you think really helped your dog to get it? Thanks so much for all your help! I'll post pictures when I get some good ones.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congrats on your new addition! You have to watch the pup like a hawk so he doen't have an opportunity to have an accident. Watch for any sniffing or circleling and take him out immediately. We took our pup out every few hours the first week and gave her a command to go. Of course praise him every time he goes outside, but what really sealed the deal for our pup was a treat as soon as she was done. Both our dogs are 100% housetrained now. It took about a month for each to be totally reliable. Consistancy was the key for us. Good luck! :D

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
wonderchi said:
Congrats on your new addition! You have to watch the pup like a hawk so he doen't have an opportunity to have an accident. Watch for any sniffing or circleling and take him out immediately. We took our pup out every few hours the first week and gave her a command to go. Of course praise him every time he goes outside, but what really sealed the deal for our pup was a treat as soon as she was done. Both our dogs are 100% housetrained now. It took about a month for each to be totally reliable. Consistancy was the key for us. Good luck! :D
Good advice wonderchi. I took ours out a little more often when I first brought them home. It was a full time job until they started getting the idea! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts