Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a 14 month break from making coats, I gave it a go today!
The 1st one took me 3 hours, because I forgot how to make them.
But I got the hang of it after the 1st one. I made 4 all up, here are 2
pics of each coat :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The white material is silk, and was so hard to sew with!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
love the star one , my fav by far lol , i will have to make Kona one out of that material :) awesome job
There is heaps of star material left, probably enough to make at least 4 more coats :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw so cute! I SO agree! I'm new a sewing too and sewed my first silk (by hand) for Shayley's birthday dress....NEVER AGAIN! It is way too messy for me and I'll only try it agian when I actually but a machine! It's so hard! YOU did a great job though compared to mine because the edges are all frizzy on my dress! They are so cute and your little ones are such models!!!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Very cute. Oh I hate when I forget how to construct something. Now I try to write every step down, but then I seem to misplace that lol!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aw so cute! I SO agree! I'm new a sewing too and sewed my first silk (by hand) for Shayley's birthday dress....NEVER AGAIN! It is way too messy for me and I'll only try it agian when I actually but a machine! It's so hard! YOU did a great job though compared to mine because the edges are all frizzy on my dress! They are so cute and your little ones are such models!!!
Silk is horrible to work with, I know what you mean by the edges being all frizzy, it kept fraying, I had to be heaps careful not to knock the edges before I got a hemline in!
So you have a pic of the one you made by hand?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very cute. Oh I hate when I forget how to construct something. Now I try to write every step down, but then I seem to misplace that lol!!
haha I know what you mean, even If I did write it down I would forget where I put that also :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts