Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chihuahua People!

I'm a newby so I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I just read Nate's post in Chihuahua Rescue about Tiny. I met Tiny today as a prospective parent and am completely in love with her. She is the most amazing, special little character -- she just takes your breath away. Her story, like so many others, is heart wrenching. "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it." Yup, thank you, Paris Hilton and the creepy ilk who tries to emulate you.

Anyway, I love this girl and know she'll go to the best home, even if it's not mine.

I have an enormous respect for people like Nate who get it and give it back. Heaven never helps the man who will not act. Thank you, Nate.

Tina

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I just seen this picture in the other thread and I said they look like they were meant to be together! I hope you get her! :wink:

Nate did you take that picture? It came out great. :wink:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Nate, can I ask how many people are being interviewed for Tiny? If it's confindential I understand. :wink: She is such a sweetheart, I imagine lots of people would be applying for her.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Confidentiality is not an issue with Tiny, I certainly want people to know that I am determined to find her the best home and will take as many offers and give everybody a chance to show they can provide her the best. I always recommend this website to every person I interview, and I'm surprised (but delighted) that Tina is the first to register.

I have approximately good 10 applications on hand, and about 35-40 people who've called and left messages. Today when I came home I had another 5 messages, all of whom I've called back and talked to at length.

I've ruled out about 20 just based on "common sense". The family with 2 newborns, students with no jobs, person who intended to hide the dog from landlord, someone who wanted to breed her (ARE THEY KIDDING!?), someone who had 2 other dogs: doberman and chow, a collector who bragged they had 30+ "teacups", and a few others that just seemed too enamored with the whole "teacup" and "paris hilton" idea. However, I gave them all solid chances and did full phone interviews to give them an equal chance to explain their situations.

Of the 10 applications I have, I can honestly say I'd be comfortable with Tiny spending her life with 2 of them. It's a long process, and difficult for me because I'm so worried/in love with Tiny, but I'm trying to be the good foster dad and make sure she's safe forever.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Nate you sound like you are doing an excellent job. :wink: I hope you do find the perfect home for her, she deserves it. :D

Breed her? :shock: I cannot believe that there are people out there that are that stupid. :roll:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Tiny is a little star here and I hope she find a wonderful home I think she has stolen the hearts of all of us here at chihuahua people.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I saw the sticky that Nate posted and Tiny is just the sweetest looking thing! How can that lady not want her?!?! Just because of her age?? Geez, I have an older chi who is almost 13 and I still love him regardless! I wish I could take Tiny!!! She's too darn cute!!! I'm in love too! :love4: :love10: :love7:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Tina, welcome! :wave: Maybe you'll hang out here even if you don't end up adopting Tiny. We are all hopelessly in love with that little girl. In my mind, it would take an incredibly unfeeling person NOT to fall in love with her. I mean, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to melt when you look at that face. I love seeing pics of her in the sun... her eyes scrunch up and she looks like she has the biggest smile on her face. :love10:

Nate, there is someone out there who would want to breed Tiny??? They are just too stupid to live, never mind adopt her. You are a good person and I can't pay you a higher compliment than that. :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Nate....your compassion and concern regarding Tiny is remarkable.I am sure Tiny will go to the most loving of homes because of you. You are going to make a wonderful vet....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
everytime i thik of tiny a tear up. i love this little girl so much and have never met her, but it's just something about her. i am glad that youa re doing such intensive interviewing for her. whoever gets to share their life with her should be honored. i would be.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Hi Tina, welcome to the forums. Tiny is the most precious darling, we are all madly in love with her and it's not just her story. There are hundreds of rescue chi's that touch your heart, but not like Tiny does. I think it's that's loving little face and the fact that she so obviously still has tons of love to offer.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hi Tina & welcome As you can tell we are all in love with Tiny and grateful to Nate for finding her a good home :wave: She is definitely special :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts