Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had an animal that I miss as much as my kitty. She was my best and only friend for so long. All through middle school and highschool she was the only one I could turn to when any kind of drama happened. She was there through every breakup and every new boyfriend. Warning me away from the bad ones by hissing at them and not coming close to them at all. She was a gift from my mother on my 13th birthday. I still remember the first time I saw her. My mom picked me up from school and the minute I got in I saw her sitting on her shoulder just looking at me with that little bitty face. She had a little red bow around her neck and I was so happy to see her! I'd wanted a cat of my very own for the longest time and I loved her so much. I lost her when I was 18. My mother used to let her outside (which I didn't like but she did it anyway) and one day when I was about 18 she never came home to me. I was so upset I think I cried every single night for a month. I still miss her so much all the time. I still wish I had to to snuggle up to. Sometimes I think I see her roaming around outside...but..I know it's not her. She would come to me if it was. I was the only one she would ever come to and I loved that. I was also the only one she would cuddle up next to...even when she was a baby. The vet said she was probably about 6 weeks when we got her...my mom adopted her from PAWS but I think they lied just so they could get rid of her. I really really miss her.

I finally scanned some of her pictures too. A couple of her as a baby and a couple of her before I lost her when I was 18.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It's like I'm missing a part of the family...like a grandparent or something. Lina eases the pain a little cause she's there to cuddle with and play with and for me to take care of. But, I'll never have another cat. She was too perfect for me to be able to replace her. I really got to missing her yesterday when I was scanning in those pictures. I know that I'll see her again, but knowing that and actually having her here are two totally different things :cry: . It's just so sad!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
She'll always remember you whatever happens. I had a pony called minnie and i couldnt face her to go to a new home so i gave her the biggest kiss ever and hugged her for hours then the next day i stayed at home and my sister loaded her into the trailer (some people might think this is mean but i really couldnt face to see her go, i'd probably cry in histerics embarrass my self and never let go of her lead rope) then for the next couple of days i stopped myself from crying and told myself shes better off with a little girl (i had outgrown her) who is going to take her to local shows and progress on her. Then my sister took me to see her at her new home and i saw her with more weight on, a cosy rug and stable, a big nutritious feed. As soon as she saw me she came over whinying and began licking my hand, she kept looking at me and i could see in her eyes that she was happy so then the :cry: tears :cry: struck me and i was like a fountain. She looked so hapy and i hope she always remembers me and loves me because i will always will.
Your kitty will always remember you they never forget you ever.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I had 2 cats once.. 1 was a siameze<SP> and I named her Samantha be cause she was a Witch with a capitol "B" you know Bewitched the show... heheheh She had lukemia and My ex husband (not ex then) wouldn't let me have her put out of her misery. She went off and died... It was wierd because she was totally my cat and nobody could get near her.. SHe had kitttens and my ex went to take her last kitten to give it to the new owner and she attacked him... She ripped him a new one.... All I could do was laugh.. I told him to get her out of the room and put her in the bathroom before he took the baby....

My other cat was named Teddy bear.. because he was rootbeer brown and he looked just like a teddy bear... A friend of ours gave him to me he was a barn kitty and he came home a turned into a very loving cat... I think he was 3 months when I got him.. He got hit by a car and ran into my neighbors basement. They left for vacation the next day and when they got back home they found him in the basement. He had past while they were gone. It was so sad...

I only cat I have had since then was Amandas cat which lives at her dads house..

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I know how you feel about not trying to replace your kitty. I felt the same way about Tia, my chi who went to the Rainbow bridge last year. But my grand-daughter just would not take no for an answer - they wanted to buy me a puppy for Christmas last year. And now I am soooo glad I have Jasmine. I love her so much. Tia will always have a special place in my heart, but having Jasmine has made it so much easier to deal with.

I'm glad you have your chi baby Lina. Losing a beloved pet is always difficult. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I just lost my cat of 7 years last month. He was a real sweetheart. :cry:

I was just thinking yesterday of my cat Amaru. She is 10 years old almost and I have had her since she was about 6 weeks old. She has been with my through all my times, good and bad. I have lived alone since I was 16 years old. When I moved into my first place, she was given to me for my birthday. I really love her. She is such a fiesty thing. :D

And then I still have my Siamese named Lou. I have had him for 7 years. He is a loner but such a sweetheart also.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Thank you! I basically rescued the Siamese. He was starving and being abused, so I stole him! Yes that's right, I am a thief, I stole him! :twisted: He was in such horrible condition, I mean his bones were sticking out. He was a young kitty and they kept him outside in the winter, while it was raining. :cry: And they would kick him aside when they walked by. He was so lethargic when I brought him home I didn't know if he would survive. But with lots of love, he is a great cat, although he thinks he is a guard dog. :roll:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
imkari said:
Thank you! I basically rescued the Siamese. He was starving and being abused, so I stole him! Yes that's right, I am a thief, I stole him! :twisted: He was in such horrible condition, I mean his bones were sticking out. He was a young kitty and they kept him outside in the winter, while it was raining. :cry: And they would kick him aside when they walked by. He was so lethargic when I brought him home I didn't know if he would survive. But with lots of love, he is a great cat, although he thinks he is a guard dog. :roll:
Good for you, for stealing him and giving him a good home. Those vile people probably never even noticed he was gone. :evil:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
imkari said:

way to go! that is how i rescued my pit from becoming a fighter. i stole him......

i miss him too. sometimes i wonder if things worked out for him... last i knew he was adopted by one of the volunteers at the spca. i pray all the time it was his forever home.... :cry:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go Kari!! :) That's so cool that you saved him :) And your kitties are just adorable! I still have a soft spot for cats, I just don't think I could ever have another one live with me and get close to me.

Thanks everyone for the condolances. I have never really expressed to anyone outside of my best friend that I missed my cat so much sometimes, but, I had to tell someone and I knew ya'll would understand better than anyone else. :)

It's good to know that Lina has a gaurdian angel though :) Maybe Suz picked her out for me? I'll just keep telling myself that anyway :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts