Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since starting to take steroids 10 years ago I noticed that my face was covered in hair, luckily it was fine blond hair not black and coarse otherwise I may have been hounded and mistaken for a gorilla.

Well though I was still embarrassed I put up with it for years but today I got up looked in the mirror and yikes.. did I scream

That face needs work..

I ain't shaving coz then I will develop a morning and evening shadow
Not plucking as that would take forever
Sissors.. nope with my accident history that is way too dangerous

So... instead it was threading..

OMG it is so painful.. for about 20 - 25 min I had my entire face and eyebrows threaded and if anyone has ever had their eyebrows done well having your face done hurts so much more.

All finished I paid up and went home with a face looking like a ripe plum..

The good thing is that now my face is returning to its right colour I can't see any hairs and my face feels so smooth.

I have been told to have it done approx every month, oh gawd what a thing to look forward to... but heck.. I'll be keeping this up as I feel so much better.

Deme x

·
Registered
342 Posts
it will get less painful over time, i use an epilator for my underarms and it hurt like h*ll in the beginning, now there is barely any pain.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That's so funny! What we do to ourselves to feel & look half-decent. I hate getting my eyebrows done which I only do it about twice a year. I wish the salons around here new how to thread, I hate the hot wax. I'm sure you didn't look that bad. We always feel like we look worse than we really do, but at least you feel better now that it's done.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Oh the stuff us ladies go thru!
The same thing happens post menopausal.
I use a epilator too.
Wish laser hair removal wasnt so $$$$$.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I've only threaded once but it literally felt like I was getting a constant paper cut, oh it was bad.

Other than that I was lucky enough to have light blonde and naturally pretty sculpted eyebrows so I don't do much except for the edges in the middle.

Kudos to anyone that has to endure that stuff regularly :(

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have looked so funny to onlookers while having it done,

For the eys I had to distort my arms to stretch the brow upwards and my top eyelid down

Then I had to bloat my cheeks one at a time as though I had mumps or a football stuck in there.

I then had to grab my cheek with my fingers and pull towards my mouth

Then for my upper and lower lip I had to push against the upper and lower gum line with my tongue.

All the time the lass would ask if I was okay and I would reply with tears streaming down my face and my face feeling like it had been attacked by angry nettle

In a squeaky voice "Yes" then close my eyes in anticipation of more pain...

Crikey how can people do their own threading or use a epilator is beyond me, I can cope with someone delivering the pain but I couldn't do it to myself..

Okay hands up... I can be a wimp at times.. lol

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ooooooooh.. !! My eyes watered enough as it was, I could have filled a swimming pool but oh Sarah.. a bikini wax.. that brings tears just thinking about it.. think I'll stick to shorts and a t-shirt not that I flash my skin anyway... jeez I give people a heart attack with my jelly belly lol

MIchele glad I raised a smile :p now you gotta go and give it a try to experience it :D

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amanda so not fair.. I thinks you should try it once just to experience what I went through :D:D;);););)

Deme x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Lol at least u wouldn't feel it hahaha

U could try getting that numbing cream they give kids before an injection smother your face in it before u go

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yikes a bikini wax?? Here's a confession:
Back when I did a lot of work with Chinese cresteds, a lot of people in that crowd would use "Magic" Cream Hair Remover on their dogs because it was excellent on coarse hair; yet was still VERY sensitive since it's made for african-american heads.
What did I learn from it, you ask? Let me tell you, it's also the BEST hair removal treatment for the bikini area!! LOL

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I had my eyebrows threaded regularly when I was in China, can't find a decent place here to do it at all, but yes, it did sting! Can't imagine the whole face, you're a trooper.

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
ohhh my god i feel your pain i had threading done once o n my eyebrows and never had it done again omg it was painful but im a whoosss lol

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I've never had it done and after reading that not sure I ever want too...I have PCOS so am prone to grow hair in places normal people don't and it sucks, I use a hair removal cream when it gets bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts