Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OH of 4 years and I have finally decided on a wedding date - He mentioned this year picking out my engagement ring as his Christmas gift and I asked we take it one step further and set a date so, after prodding I think we've come up with October 20, 2012 :hello1:

We aren't announcing it till we get the ring so the date isn't concreted in just yet but it's very exciting, he said we'll make a shopping trip after he finishes this semester in a couple weeks so I suspect a Christmas announcement!

So exciting! It's a shame my mom lives so far away :( I'd really like her to be part of the planning, which I intend to do mainly on my own with the help of an event planner friend.

Anyway, just had to get it out, I know it's a long time from now - he'll get his mechanical engineering degree in spring of 2012 and I figure that'll give us the summer to goof off till the wedding, but we're in a good position to save and have a good start on the next chapter of our lives.

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, we'll see! I've already engaged in "celery-diet-mode" and plan to do a body overhaul before the wedding so once I start seeing more progress it'll start getting more exciting!

I lost a lot of weight in 2008 and i've since stalled out and quit working out, but I plan to be in great shape for it.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
How exciting! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Congratulations!!
I'm very happy and excited for you! :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yay!!! I was such a horrible planner for my wedding lol, and we only spent like $5k. Wouldn't have had it any other way though. Congrats on setting a date and I hope you get the ring of your dreams :-D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yay!!! I was such a horrible planner for my wedding lol, and we only spent like $5k. Wouldn't have had it any other way though. Congrats on setting a date and I hope you get the ring of your dreams :-D
No that's exactly what I want!

I just read the average 2010 wedding costs around 27k - Are you flippin' kidding me?!

We haven't discussed costs or anything yet, but I want a very modest wedding as far as that goes. I think sincerity goes a lot further than $ can with wedding details.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone :] I'm sure you'll all be dragged along the ride with pictures and such while I plan.

I have to upload them anyway to get moms approval!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats!!!! That's awesome news!!!! The big day will be here sooner than you know it, start planning:)

Lori
Haha, thanks Lori! I playfully tried convincing the OH to let me put the pups in as flower girl and ring boy but he wasn't having it :toothy10:

I just started perusing today and oh my heck there is so much!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So i've hit a small road-bump in my laying out everything to start planning (after Christmas of course).

My boyfriend, while not a practicing one, is Catholic as is his family. I am of no religious-influenced background.

Ordinarily i'd say whatever lets get married elsewhere, but he went to private school (catholic) for 12 years, as did his parents, and his parents-parents etc. So while i'm not sure as of yet, but i'm pretty sure it's going to be important to them at least as far as our children go with baptisms and such.

I just looked it up and the "conversion course" takes around 6 months (who knows where i'm going to find that kind of time).

Does anyone have any kind of experience with this?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts