Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a treat that I can give Paco during training. I have read about using his regular food but he is not as interested in earning that. I have tried several different kinds but he gets diarrhea from them. I cut them into very tiny bits and have tried many different kinds. He loves the treats and learning to do what I am teaching him but obviously need to find a suitable treat. What do you use. (He is five months old.)

Thanks
Suzn

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have no experience but I normal use puppy drops that have milk and all natural indigents, he loves them and they dont seem to upset his tummy.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
bsck when dex was a tiny pup i used to give him those tiny chicken liver treats and he used to go crazy for them. the bil jac ones were his fav

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I don't know where you are ...but ...we like "Fruitables" (Fruitables Pet Food - Official Site) they can be broken--it is a small flower shaped cookie..wheat-free, also "little Stars" sweet potato they are organic and no wheat--very small star shaped. ( Wet Noses Organic Dog Treats) "Sams YaMS" (Sweet Potato Dog Chews and treats from - Front Porch Pets - Front Porch Pets) "Wilderness Trail Treats" (Webnames.ca Canadian Domain Name Registration and Domain Management Services) Rico does not do well with wheat-- when he was younger he would vomit up crappy treats. He loves bits of fruit--apple, blueberry, banana or vegetable--carrot, green bean, potato. I limit the treats. Once in a while he gets a nice raw bone from the butcher. When He comes in from outside after he has a wee inthe morning --he is looking for a treat and gets one :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
oh yea i rember those little star cookies, they have them at petco. i gave dex some last time and he didnt love it...but he munched on them from time to time hehe

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much. I printed out your reply and will go to the pet store this afternoon to see if I can find any of these. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Zukes is another great one, they have soft treats the size of a pencil eraser top ( we even break these in half for training) in many flavors :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hope u find some nummies! :D welness rewards turkey jerky is a fav of a lot of people too. petco has a lot of great treats hollistic as well. where in NY are u from?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Fruitables are good. Liver treats are a favorite of many dogs, just break them
into a million tiny pieces and throw them in your pocket for training on the go! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Both my 4 yrs old Lulu and our 9 1/2 month old Maltese LOVE cut up bites of apple. They also like in little marble-size bite of goat cheese.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
I agree that zukes are great! They're chihuahua sized, and I think they're less than 2 calories each or something like that. However, Odie's favourite are the ziwipeak treats. You can rip small pieces off of them, and the bag lasts quite awhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts