Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arwens spay surgery went fine, and she isnt chewing or licking, but she can reach the incision and itch, what do i do? i cant trust her while i sleep, and nothing ive found is small enough to fit her

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
she can reach it with her back legs, srry i cant put her down or she goes straight for it, vet said incision shouldnt be covered

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
What about a loose tube sock around her belly? Not sure how small she is? I would first cover the incision w/ some clean gauze then hold it on there w/ the sock?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the vet said air had to be able to reach it, she's about 3lbs, i bought baby booties and tried to tape them on, but that was a fail, she already got at it once and irritated it, shes in pain meds, and antibiotics, pet stores are all closed. all the vet told me was that she shouldnt be able to do that, alot of friggin help that was

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
LOL no kidding...well, you could always uncover it when you can watch her...keeping it covered some of the time might slow healing down a little, but uncovered and scratched seems much worse.

What about a newborn onsie from wal*mart, cut a little hole for her tail? It's loose enough plenty of air will still be able to get at the incision, but protect it some at tthe same time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill have to give it a try, im desperate and super tired at this point, my little angels making me a nervous wreck, he closed the incision with glue, instead of stitches (stitches on the inside) im just afraid of her ripping herself open

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Marmalade wouldn't leave hers alone and I put her in a onesie and it worked to keep her away from it. With a 3 pounder, I would get a newborn or premie size. What was nice with Marmalade, I didn't have to cut it as she has no tail, so when she was done with it, I washed it and gave it to my grandaughter. lol

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I bought an inflatable collar for my dogs after their surgeries. It looks like an innertube that attaches to their collar, and they can't reach their incision. They come pretty small.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
she has the inflatable collar, but shes itching with her hind leg despite it, she slipped out of the diaper i had her in that covered it, she messed herself up quite a bit, this is incredibly frusterating

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.